The Affiliated High School of Peking University (Weiming School)—Shenzhen, Nanshan
¥30K-40K/Month Shenzhen, Guangdong, China 1 position available Starting date in 2021-12-01
About The SchoolIt provides bilingual courses to Chinese students. Learn more about this school
Job title: Academic Director, with Social studies teaching duties
Under the strategic plan of Weiming Shenzhen Nanshan School——to develop international programs and improve the quality and influence of Weiming international courses, Department of International has adjusted the organizational structure and added a post of Foreign Academic Director who is mainly cooperating with the Director of Department of International Business Unit in formulating and implementing curriculum optimization, teaching management, course quality evaluation, teacher training and academic research of Southlands program and other international projects.
- Assisting Director of International Business in setting up international curriculum for Weiming Sino-American system.
- Assisting Director of International in supervising the implementation of Southlands and other international programs in Weiming Shenzhen Nanshan school international campus.
- Assisting Director of International in compiling or translating the documents a project plans and management system.
- Assisting Director of International in interviewing foreign administration staff and foreign teachers.
- Assisting Director of International in establishing and improving the teaching management methods and quality evaluation system of Weiming international curriculum.Helping foreign employees fully understand the regulations of Weiming Education Group.
- Assisting Director of International in instructing and guiding foreign staff with international curriculum, teaching management and online information system and ensure academic plans well implemented in Weiming Chinese campuses.
- Assisting Director of International and the Academic Director of US Southlands Christian Schools in supervising academic implementation, organizing regular management meetings and finding solutions when Southlands program carrying on in Weiming Shenzhen Nanshan School international campus. Ensuring foreign administration staff complete their work with high quality.
- Assisting Director of International and the Academic Director of US Southlands Christian Schools in conducting academic internal and external evaluation and completing the reports (once or more per semester).
- Assisting Director of International in supervising the final implementation outcome of international curriculum in Shenzhen Nanshan School international campuse (mainly assessing academic performance and other quantifiable indicators).Focus on teaching results, foreign academic director should urge foreign teachers to optimize their teaching and improve their teaching outcomes.
- Assisting Director of International in organizing academic and non-academic activities or events to improve the influence of Weiming international programs.
- Responsible for curriculum design and final check, also ensure the school ’ s overall academic plan, quality and criteria fulfillment.
- Responsible for design and implementing Academic Handbook.
- Responsible for students learning results, make sure all Core/AP subjects instruction meet the requirement from WMHQ & SSC, also the percentage of passing and excellence reach the minimum which been discussed and agreed at the beginning of each academic year.
- Other supports on teaching management.
- Assisting Director of International in formulating annual teacher training plans (for foreign teacher), organizing teachers of all subjects to participate in the training and ensure achieve the aim of the training.
- Assisting Director of International in formulating annual teaching and research plans (for foreign teacher) and organizing teaches to complete teaching and research tasks seriously.
- Assisting Director of International in setting up academic exchange platform (for foreign teacher) and organizing teaching and researching events among schools regularly.
- Assisting Director of International Business Department in compiling Chinese and English teaching and research documents with Weiming characteristics, including Weiming international curriculum, course guide and etc.
- Assign teaching duties, distribute syllabus and teaching materials to corresponding teachers, draft teaching schedule, and finalize academic calendar.
- Responsible for team building, establish a positive school culture and staff moral.
- Other supports on teaching and research.
- Cooperate with each school carrying out recruitment trip for Southlands program during enrollment season.
- Participate in curriculum standardization, optimization and localization of Southlands program.
- Complete other tasks supervisor demands.
- Master degree or above；
- 2 years or more of working experience of
academic management in international
- Strong ability in organization and communication.
- Strong ability in pressure resistance. Good
ability in judgement and dare to take
- High dedication in international education.
- Familiar with international education in
- Teacher coming from United States or
- Science major is preferred.
Salary: The school may put a salary scale, such as 30,000RMB to 40,000RMB monthly before tax.
1. Meal Allowance: The employee is eligible for meal allowance every working day.
2. Holiday Allowance: Employees may enjoy holiday allowance according to the school’s policy. Normally the holidays refer to Labor Holiday, National Holiday, Christmas Holiday, New Year Holiday, and Chinese Spring Festival.
3. Preferential Policy of Teachers’Children Entering School: The school will provide tuition-discount enrollment into the school for dependents of one teacher or teaching family according to the school policy.
4. Air tickets Allowance: If an employee fulfills the contract, upon the expiration of contract, he/she will get air ticket reimbursement once a year with one round-trip or two single-trip international air tickets (economy class--utilizing the most direct route) between working location and her/his home country to an amount not exceeding RMB10, 000.
5. Housing Allowance: The employees will been titled to a housing budget and utilities reimbursement of RMB 4500 per month in total before tax according to different school policy.
6. Visa Fee: The school will reimburse up to RMB2,000 in total for the visa issuing fee occurred home and abroad.
7. Commercial Insurance: The employee is eligible for commercial insurance including medical insurance, life insurance or social insurance according to related stipulations of the state, province and municipality.
8. Annual Physical Examination: Normally the school will provide annual physical examination free of charge for employees.
Teachers will enjoy fully paid public holidays regulated by the government and school and partially paid summer & winter holiday covered in the contract period according to the school’s compensation policy.
Post date: 2021-10-11