Academic Training Manager
¥22K-25K/Month Shanghai, China 1 position available Starting date in 2019-06-01
About The SchoolAthena Academy is the subsidiary of Elite K-12 International Education Group. Learn more about this school
Location: No. 200 West Yan’an Road, Jing’an District, Shanghai
Reports to: Academic Operations Manager
The Academic Training Manager is responsible for managing company-wide academic training by maintaining pro-active oversight over both onboard training and ongoing training, generating both online and offline training materials for wide usage, and providing face-to-face training where necessary. The Academic Training Manager collaborates with the Central Academic Team to develop and implement training initiatives that can be widely used across centers, and works closely with the Center Managers and Head Teachers to identify individual center training needs and develop training plans.
The Academic Training Manager may be asked to perform irregular duties including, but not limited to: teaching demonstration classes for training purposes; helping with marketing events; conducting interviews of teacher candidates.
This individual will also be expected to foster a professional, collaborative culture of personal and departmental responsibility and ongoing improvement and growth.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Uphold the highest standards of professional behavior, attitude and appearance as per the Athena Code of Conduct and the Athena Employee Handbook.
• Pro-actively oversee and implement the training of Athena curricula, screener and placement processes.
• Develop and build up online and offline onboard training package for new teachers and streamline the onboarding process
of new teachers.
• Conduct individual teacher training and class observations of new teachers, and assist center Head Teachers and Center
Managers in the evaluation of new teachers.
• Develop online training materials, as well as follow-up questions or tasks, for Athena’s online training platform.
• Conduct class observations in centers and organize ongoing professional development training workshops that respond to
both individual teacher, center and company needs.
• Assist Central Academic Team, Head Teachers and Center Managers to develop professional development plans for
individual teachers and centers based on national and center needs.
• Maintain updated and accurate records of individual teacher training, observations and teacher evaluations, and submit
relevant training feedback and class observation notes to center management teams for their ongoing teacher appraisals.
• Research and identify potentially outsourced professional development programs or materials for collaboration or usage
within internal training programs.
• Work with Central Academic Team to assess candidates and courses for Athena’s professional development fund.
• Support the development of curriculum and academic administration documents (i.e. lesson plan templates, student
trackers, etc.) through observation, feedback collection and suggestion.
• Positively contribute questions, solutions and updates for both Central Academic Management meetings and Academic Management meetings.
• Complete all academic reporting as assigned by Academic Management.
• Actively support the recruitment of new teachers and conduct interviews of new teachers for center, reporting feedback to
• Support the Centre Managers with business development. Help with sales, referral and marketing events.
• Engage reflectively and positively with the routine and ongoing appraisal process.
• Support Central Academic Team in the completion of other tasks.
- Applicants must hold American, British or Canadian Passport.
- Strong academic background in Linguistics, Education and Teaching.
- At least 2 years of teaching experience and held a trainer position before.
- A teaching qualification such as CELTA, TESOL, ideally at postgraduate level.
Basic Salary: 22k-25k/per month
10 days paid annual leave
House stipend: 4K/ per month
Flight ticket reimbursement 6K
Annual bonus provided （up to 1 month salary）
Medical insurance & Medical check provided
Work Visa Assistance
Post date: 2019-04-16