Vermont International Academy
American high school Economics & Business Teacher
¥20k-23k/Month Guangzhou, Guangdong, China 1 position available Starting date in 2019-08-19
About The SchoolVIA operates American high schools curriculum across China, primarily for Chinese students. Learn more about this school
VIA (Vermont International Academy) was founded in June 2011 as an independent, private, college preparatory American high school. It was the first US school that was approved by the state government of Vermont in the US for overseas education and with authority to grant US high school diplomas.
VIA is in Guangzhou, Shanghai, Kunshan, Xiamen, and Wuxi. Some campuses are operated within local-partner host school campuses utilizing VIA curriculum and with VIA faculty leading the learning. VIA cooperates with the host schools to utilize local buildings, facilities, and other academic resources that are required for a full educational experience. Some campuses are stand- alone campuses where all aspects of the school are wholly owned by VIA. Recently, VIA has been accredited by AdvancED for the entire system of schools, which will mean that each campus is fully accredited and can offer an accredited and authentic American diploma. The curriculum and academic experience are designed to ensure that international students are well prepared for American higher education.For the past four years, the majority VIA students have been able to access some of the best colleges and universities in the United States. Foundational to a VIA education, students are required to demonstrate capacity in writing, critical thinking, reasoning, reflection, and other outcomes of the Humanities. In combination with subject areas in Math and Science, graduates are fully prepared for the rigor and learning environments of the American higher education system, and embrace the role of classroom engagement, faculty and student mentorship, civic responsibility and the importance of written communication.
Vermont International Academy faculty and staff are committed to the needs of every student as individual learners and have created environments from which students can develop their intellectual talents and express their individual ideas and thoughts.
August 19, 2019*Professional Development for teachers starts at the end of August and school starts from September*
Guangzhou, Nansha District, China
Location of the School: 5 minutes’ walk from Huangge Metro Station on Line 4 (Green).
Student age: 14-18
Number of classes/week: max 11 classes based on 90 mins each class
number of students: max 25 of each class
Other teacher's responsibilities: will be explained when interview
- Educational Background in a related field
- At least two years of teaching experience(world history, US History and Geography) with students ages 14-18 or a master’s degree in Education.
- Native English Speaker
- Contract:Late August 2019 to July 2020
- 18,000 – 21,000RMB before tax.
- Apartment: Teachers can choose to live in a sharing dorm in the school or live outside the campus
- with housing allowance offered by the school (2,000RMB)
- Performance Bonus:Up to 20,000RMB before tax at the end of the contract.
- Airfare Reimbursement:10000RMB per one-year contract.
- Medical Insurance and Accident Insurance covered by the school.
- Professional career development and training.
- Fantastic team-building activities.
Post date: 2019-07-24
- Vermont International Academy
American high school Economics & Business Teacher¥20k-23k/Month Guangzhou, Guangdong 1 position available