American High School Honors Instructor
About The SchoolHangzhou World Foreign Language School and Ningbo World Foreign Language School are the members. Learn more about this school
Our client IAA is seeking qualified native English speakers to teach in American High School Honors program at elite Chinese high schools in Xuzhou, Jiangsu Province.
IAA is headquartered in New York, USA. It offers the K-12 (Kindergarten to Grade 12) and the American High School Honors (Grade 10 to Grade 12) programs at elite Chinese High Schools in various provinces in China.
The high school and college credit courses include (either subject):
- High School English
- Critical Thinking
- English Literature
- English Composition
- World History
- American History
- Teach in an elite Chinese high school setting under the direction of the American High School Honors Program Director.
- Teach a maximum of 20 hours per week; the remaining work week hours will be used for lesson planning and student club advisement activities.
- Participate in ongoing professional development training in teaching approaches, course evaluation, and program assessment.
- Participate in student progress tracking and provide student with academic/counseling support to ensure their success.
- Coach students on academic goal setting and skills development.
- 10-month: from first day of fall on Sept 1 to the last day of the Spring Semester, around July 5.)
- Two-year contract of 24 months: (from first day of Fall on Sep 1 to the last day of the Spring semester, around July 5 of the 2rd year term. Teachers in the 2 year contract will be paid through the summer months.)
- Native English speakers from US, UK, Canada, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, and South Africa
- Teacher must have a Bachelor's degree. Additional requirements include the following:
- Clean criminal record
- Prior teaching experience preferred
- A master’s degree if teaching an American college credit course
- Be able to adapt to new cultures.
- IAA provides teachers with on-going training and teacher development through its Teacher Alliance Project.
- Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications. Average net $2,500 per month after taxes, room and airfare, health insurance and training.
- Teachers will be provided with:
- Accommodation: Private 1-bedroom furnished apartment close to school.
- Health insurance.
- Visa: assistance with all visa procedures.
- One roundtrip air ticket per contract.