This position has been Filled, please checkout similar jobs listed besides.
Hangzhou Entel Foreign Language School
American History Teacher
¥250K-300K/year Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China 1 position available Starting date in 2019-08-31
About The SchoolHangzhou Entel Foreign Languages School is a full-time private school. Learn more about this school
This is an opening from a client of TopTutorJob.cn. We are looking for an American History Teacher in Hangzhou.
About the client
Hangzhou Entel Foreign Languages School is a full-time private school. The school features verdant landscaping, elegant buildings, and advanced equipments. The middle and high school divisions include 1350 students, 175 full-time Chinese teachers, and 13 international faculty members.
Hangzhou Foreign Language School has influenced Entel significantly. In addition to the progressive educational philosophy, the school provides several different international programs: American, Australian, German, and Japanese. Both juniors and seniors are boarding in comfortable accommodation. And students receive individual attention from teachers because class size never exceed 24 students.
About the position
Student age group: Grade 7 to 8
Subjects: American History and ESL
1. Teach history and ESL, utilizing the course of study adopted by the company, correlated with other
appropriate learning activities.
2. Develop lesson plans, adapt curriculum to meet individual student needs, and utilize effective teaching techniques in translating lesson plans into productive student learning experiences which best utilize the time available for instruction.
3. Utilize computers and other technological classroom support equipment in student instruction.
4. Maintain classroom organization and discipline.
5. Establish and maintain standards of student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere.
6. Provide and maintain a safe and supervised environment in the classroom and on the school grounds.
7. Devise and utilize techniques which accurately measure student progress.
8. Evaluate student's academic and personal growth keeping appropriate records, and prepare progress reports.
9. Communicate with parents through conferences and other means discussing academic and personal progress; interpret school programs.
10. Communicate and cooperate with other professional staff in academic and personal growth areas.
1. Create an effective learning environment through functional and attractive displays, bulletin boards,
and interest centers.
2. Participate in faculty meetings, committees and the sponsorship of student activities.
3. Maintain professional competence through in-service education activities provided by the company and through self-selected professional growth activities.
4. Perform other job duties as required.
- American citizens preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree, preferable in history or relevant subjects.
- At least 2-year teaching experience.
- Experience in AP curriculum is a huge plus.
- A TEFL/TESOL certificate is preferred.
- Salary: 250,000 - 300,000/year (before tax), plus free apartment
- Airfare allowance: Up to 10.000 RMB, paid once finished the contract
- Flight: 10,000 RMB flight bonus, paid in two halves
- Holiday: Fully paid one month winter holiday, all public holidays are fully paid
- Insurance: Accidental Insurance and National Social Insurance
- Visa: Z visa and residence permit
- Other: Contract renewal bonus
Post date: 2019-04-12