AP/IGCSE/AS Economics Teacher
About The SchoolOTIA, a private school, offering education opportunities at primary, middle and high school levels. Learn more about this school
Started in September 2017, Olive Tree International Academy, BFSU (OTIA) is an academically rigorous private international school that offers educational opportunities at Grade 1 to 12. Currently, the school has over 900 students and more than 100 teachers. The school is located in the north-east part of Hangzhou with convenient traffic: It’s 30 minutes’ drive to downtown area. If go by train, it’s near the Yuhang Railway Station. Metro line 1 stop is also 3 minutes’ walk away. It’s also 30 minutes’ drive to Hangzhou Xiaoshan International Airport. There are also three big shopping malls nearby within 5 minutes’ walk and several high-end neighborhoods within walking distance.
OTIA High School offers both AP and the IGCSE & A-Level curricula. As teaching quality is highly emphasized and valued in high school, teachers' main responsibility is to maintain a high level of teaching quality and to be professional inside and outside classroom. Through rigorous study across a variety of subject areas and course offerings, OTIA wish to endow students with a wider variety of post-secondary educational opportunities worldwide.
Job Requirement for AP/IGCSE/AS Economics:
- Related Master’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree with Teaching Certification.
- Preferably 3-5 years of teaching experience.
- Must be able to teach the subject at high school level.
- ESL or ESOL teacher training and/or experience is preferred.
- Teachers who are very comfortable with technology are preferred.
- Candidates must be able to successfully clear a criminal background check and provide
official college degree.
- The candidate should agree on a two-month probation period.
Here we offer our foreign teachers a very attractive compensation package and treat our teachers with great respect.
- Our compensation varies based on related teaching experience and our evaluation based on your interviews.
- The rough range is about 350,000 RMB to 400,000 RMB annually. If a teacher deserves higher pay than this range, the school has no problem about offering a higher salary.
- A tuition waiver of 100% for one child for each foreign hire teacher, each child thereafter will be 50%. A single teacher will receive free tuition for one child, a couple will receive free tuition for two children.
- A well-furnished apartment or housing reimbursement of 4000 RMB per month (which can usually cover the rent of a single apartment near the school).
- 12,000 RMB annual airfare allowance. Teachers who have worked in our school continuously for more than two years will receive 24,000 RMB annual airfare allowance.
- About 3-month fully paid holidays, including winter/summer vacations and all Chinese public holidays.
- 6,000 RMB excess luggage allowance.
- Comprehensive Insurance annually from large-scale insurance company.
- Professional induction training.
- Meal allowance.
- 1 physical examination organized by the school every year.
* We have three rounds of interviews here in our school, the first round is conducted by HR manager through Skype/Wechat. The second round is to conduct a detailed interview with our high school foreign principal. The third round is conducted by our high school Chinese principal. If you’re already in China, we’d like to invite you to come to our school and see the school in person if convenient.