WHY TEACH AT AVENUES?
Avenues | The World School prepares students for engaged global citizenship during a time of unprecedented complexity and accelerating change, combining language immersion, interdisciplinary learning, a global curriculum, and a culture of creativity and deep collaboration.
Avenues Shenzhen opened in August 2018, our first campus in China. Avenues Shenzhen provides a unique early childhood program, and is now expanding to serve students in all grades from grades from toddler through 12. Avenues Shenzhen furthers Avenues' longstanding commitment to developing multiple campuses in China, providing a transformative, world-focused education.
The Middle and Upper Grades are where our ambitious goals for Avenues graduates, defined in our mission statement, are most comprehensively realized. While in grades 6-12, we prepare students for a globally connected, innovation-driven, and largely unknown future. Our students will be: accomplished in all the academic skills you would expect, at ease beyond their borders, and confident because they excel in a particular passion.
On any given day, Avenues students might be building a 3D printer, in China, with peers from around the world. Or constructing a tiny house as they learn about sustainability. Or putting on an original TEDx conference as part of a Mastery project. Our schedule, designed for creative collaboration and inquiry-based learning, allows faculty to design deep learning experiences for students. Associate Division Heads are Avenues leaders dedicated to directly supporting the success, growth and impact of our talented, diverse, and world-wise faculty.
Avenues seeks a daring, future-wise educator, whose personal mission aligns with ours, to join us as an Associate Division Head (ADH). The ADH will join a talented leadership team who ensure that the Avenues secondary division is an extraordinarily engaging place to work, a laboratory of deeper learning for all, and a thriving community.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
As Associate Division Head, you will:
- Ensure and support faculty success: the teachers you lead feel deeply engaged and effectively supported to impact students, develop professionally, and thrive
- Nurture teachers' engagement: faculty consistently feel trust, connection, belonging, and clarity, leading to a deep sense of engagement and fulfillment
- Support teachers' impact: faculty produce transformational student learning while growing and developing professionally
- Be a divisional and organizational leader, serving in a leadership team with shared ownership for the success of the division and of Avenues as a whole.
- Enable innovation, by nurturing an environment in which faculty take risks and improve on existing practices
- Drive deep student learning, guiding faculty to create authentic, inquiry-oriented learning experiences, while meeting each student's individual needs
- Nurture a thriving culture of trust, learning, innovation and shared purpose among the whole community of adults and students
- Help build exceptional teams of faculty through effective coaching, feedback, hiring and assessing faculty growth and impact
- Collaborate intensively with diverse colleagues - such as deans, faculty, other ADHs, and others - to effectively support Avenues students and the community
- Lead projects, take on new challenges, and generally be an "all-in" leader who's in this to create a whole New School of Thought