This position has been Cancelled, please checkout similar jobs listed besides.
Leighton School Shanghai
Associate Head of School
¥480,000RMB+ after tax/Year Shanghai, China 1 position available Starting date in 2023-08-01
About The SchoolThis school is specialised in combining Art study and academic together. Learn more about this school
School Description: Leighton School is a small, elite college prep high school in Shanghai,
China, is partnered with Perkiomen School, a highly rated college prep high school in
Pennsylvania. Leighton School’s goal is to educate its students with a rigorous college prep
curriculum to be successful in attending universities around the world and to lead happy, healthy,
and productive lives beyond university.
The school, located in Sheshan National Tourist Area in Shanghai, is nestled in a valley between
Sheshan Mountain and smaller hills. Atop the nearby mountains stands the largest research
observatory in Shanghai and a monastery, relocated brick-by-brick from Europe. The local
environment in which the school is located provides a unique, New England feel to the school.
The Associate Head of School, under the direct supervision of the Head of School, is primarily
• Curriculum and Instruction (in cooperation with the Head of School and Department
o Train teachers on curriculum and instruction during summer training and
professional development programs throughout the year.
o Review and provide feedback on teachers’ curriculum and lesson plans and lesson
o Conduct regular informal observations for and provide teaching improvement
feedback to teachers, and to ensure the taught curriculum is aligned with the
o Be responsible for implementing the teacher evaluation system, in cooperation
with the Head of School.
o Supervise the Student Support Department in leading academic support for
students on academic probation.
o Monitor teacher gradebooks to ensure they are consistently entering the minimum
number of graded assignments each week and assessing students fairly.
o Review and finalize semester and end-of-year scores before they are permanently
stored in PowerSchool.
o Organize and management evening night study by setting the monthly teacher
supervision schedule and an evaluation system to ensure night study teachers are
meeting school expectations for management of students during night study.
• Student Activities (in cooperation with the Director of Student Activities
o Provide active guidance and support to the Student Activities team in the
following areas of student activities:
▪ Afterschool clubs/activities
▪ Student Council
▪ Sports programs
▪ Community service program
▪ School outings
▪ Special events
• Student Management (in cooperation with the Dean of Students)
o Oversee and provide guidance to Student Management Team
o Assist with developing and monitoring an incentives system
o Assist with developing and monitoring the consequences system for students who
violate school policies.
o Support Dean of Students and Grade-Level teachers in investigating and assigning
consequences for students who violate school policies
o Participate on the School Discipline Committee
• Admissions and Recruiting
o Participate in recruiting events.
o Assist in conducting student interviews.
• General Administration
o Participate in weekly Leadership Team meetings to set goals and update
Leadership Team on progress on previous goals set.
o Accept and implement any additional tasks as assigned by the Head of School.
o Be able to run day-to-day management of the school when the Head of School is
• Undergraduate or graduate degree in education
• Minimum of 2 years teaching experience in high school
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in school leadership
• Strong management background in curriculum & instruction
• Experience in student management, student activities, teacher training, supervision, and
• School administrator certificate from US State (preferred but not required).
• Strong recommendations from previous supervisors
• NOTE: This is an 11-month position to assist with closing out each school year and
preparing for new school years
• Annual Salary: 480,000RMB+ after tax (negotiable based on experience, qualifications,
and recommendations)• 4,000RMB housing allowance
• Teacher health insurance
• Round-trip ticket to home country
Post date: 2023-02-08