The Assistant Principal reports directly to Head of School and Director of School.
• Develop and implement strong student management system to manage and enforce school policies, including uniform policy, attendance, behavior, and all other school discipline policies.
• Collaborate with Head of School and Dean of Student Life to develop a Character Education program aimed at teaching students the importance of character development and being a good person in a global community.
• Collaborate with Assistant Director of the School, Dean of Student Life, and Grade-Level Teachers to enforce and assign consequences for student violations of school policies.
• In collaboration with the Dean of Student Life and Grade-Level Teachers, develop and implement a student incentives program designed to increase motivation for students to work hard and make good choices.
• Collaborate with Dean of Student Life and PE teacher to lead daily morning exercises using a variety of methods for organized exercise.
• Develop and implement a strong dorm management system that ensures students follow all dorm regulations and assigns appropriate consequences for dorm regulations violations, including systems to ensure students maintain a clean and hygienic living environment.
• Supervise and support dorm teachers in managing the dorm.
• Assist dorm teachers with regular inspections of dorm facilities and student behavior in
the dorm, both during the day and at night.
• In collaboration with dorm teachers, develop and implement a student incentives program
to encourage positive behavior in the dorm.
• School Safety Team Management
o Supervise and manage school safety team
o Establish and implement an evaluation system for school safety team o Organize work schedules for school safety team
o Establish and implement school safety protocols and policies for school safety team
• School Maintenance Team Management
o Supervise and manage school maintenance team
o Establish and implement an evaluation system for school maintenance team
o Organize work schedules for school maintenance team
o Establish and implement school maintenance protocols and policies for school
• Canteen Management
o Cooperate with vendor to identify sources of food, establish food safety and
hygiene standards, and a diverse menu of food offerings in the canteen
o Set up and maintain systems to inspect and enforce food safety and kitchen
o Maintain strong communication with canteen vendor to ensure the quality of food
and food offerings
o Cooperate with school vendors, such as canteen company, bus company, facilities
repair vendors, and other vendors to ensure the quality of services they provide.
Bussing System Management
o Establish a student/teacher school bus system to pick up students in the morning and drop them off after school
o Develop bus routes based on student and teacher locations
o Work with school bus company to ensure quality and effectiveness of school bus program
o Collaborate with bus company to develop and implement an evaluation system for bus drivers
• Serve on School Leadership Team, which meets on a weekly basis to review previous week and set goals for the week ahead. Follow up on goals and report back to the Leadership Team.
• Other appropriate responsibilities as assigned by the Head of School and Director of School
• Proven successful record of serving in leadership in a Chinese school, with strong
experience in student management and school logistics management
• Openness to learning about and adapting to the philosophy and practice of international
education, working to maintain a balance between the best of Chinese education and the
best of American education.
• Experience with and ability to work as a positive member of a team, providing feedback
to Leadership Team and making collaborative decisions about the policies and direction of the school.