This position has been Cancelled, please checkout similar jobs listed besides.
UWC Changshu China
Chinese A Teacher (IBDP Group 1)
¥30K-42K/Month Suzhou, Jiangsu, China 1 position available Starting date in 2022-08-20
About The SchoolWell known Welsh college established in 1962, famous for its focus on students qualities improvement Learn more about this school
THE ROLE OF A TEACHER AT THE SCHOOL INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING:
- Making an active contribution to enhancing the overall aims of the School.
- Helping to build a positive sense of community among staff and students.
- Being comfortable working with cultural dissonance and having the capacity to guide
students towards genuine international-mindedness.
- The ability to engage with students with a variety of learning styles and to engender
enthusiasm for learning in a multi-cultural environment.
- Being flexible in teaching methodology and demonstrating a willingness to work
- Establishing classroom environments that are demanding, stimulating, hardworking,
focused and pleasant to be in, and which reflect the UWC’s declared values.
- Effectively teaching a variety of classes, including undertaking appropriate lesson
preparation and setting/marking examination and test papers where necessary.
- Setting and marking students’ work accurately and promptly, giving additional guidance
and/or work according to their needs.
- Providing feedback appropriately and regularly to students.
- Assessing and responding to student abilities and progress and adapting approaches where
appropriate to different individual learning styles.
- Writing reports and testimonials as required within the deadlines set.
- Diligently following the scheme of work for each class approved by the Head of Department.
- Attending and contributing positively to departmental meetings as scheduled by the Head of
Department, and staff and college meetings as appropriate.
- Actively contributing to all educational programmes.
- Maintaining an in-depth familiarity with the appropriate curricula and current teaching trends
- Participating enthusiastically in Professional Development, both that which is mandated by
the School and that which is identified by the teacher.
- Ensuring he/she is fully aware of all of the School’s policies relating to students and act
accordingly to protect and enhance the physical and emotional welfare of the students.
- Adhering to all other policies and procedures of the School as approved by the Board and/or
- Fulfilling any other reasonable requests made by the Principal.
MORE SPECIFICALLY THE TEACHER WILL BE EXPECTED TO CARRY OUT THE
- A full teaching load or equivalent;
- The duties of an advisor;
- Involvement in co-curricular activities including, but not limited to, special events and
- Attendance at School meetings, Staff meetings, House meetings, Departmental meetings, and
meetings of ad hoc committees formed to enable progress in some aspect of school life;
- Fulfilling administrative procedures prescribed by the School.
- A minimum of 2 years of IB Diploma teaching experience
- Has taught various level of IB diploma courses (HL, SL)
- Demonstrated track record of working in a team
- Demonstrated track record of being able to connect with student
- Willingness or demonstrated track record in learning and practicing new pedagogy
- To supervise Extended Essay
- Willing and prepare to teach Theory of Knowledge or lead the subject session in Theory of Knowledge
- Willing and prepare to support the curriculum of the department
- Willing to attend relevant IB workshops and be trained to used the pedagogy that supports the School and department philosophy.
- ¥30K-42K/M(depending on the qualification and experiences)
- Free accommodation
- Flight allowance
- Health insurance
- Meal allowance
- Summer vacation/Winter vacation
- Christmas holiday more than 1 week
- Working visa supported
Post date: 2021-12-08