Chinese Track Elementary ELA Teacher(Grades 1-6)
About The SchoolThis school covers education levels from kindergarten to high school with multicultural environment. Learn more about this school
Facilitate intensive academic vocabulary development.
Teach students about the structure and content of the English language,
Grammar, spelling, Phonemic awareness and sentence structure.
Develop a culture of reading through stories, articles and research.
Help students interpret a variety of texts including fiction, nonfiction, poetry,
history, and science.
Develop students’ ability to analyze texts at different levels.
Equip students to learn through collaboration, research, and writing project.
SMIC’s Chinese Track Elementary ELA program is an intensive, all-English bridge to improved vocabulary, reading comprehension, and composition skills. Its purpose is to prepare students for international school, overseas studies or if they are interested in pursuing Zhong Kao in middle school they will still be adequately prepared.
Teach a maximum of 20 periods a week from Monday to Friday.
Create lesson plans and modify throughout the year. Utilize various
curriculum resources in planning.
Observe and evaluate student's performance through varied assessments.
Grade tests and homework in a timely manner.
Maintain grade books on ManageBac.
Create a positive educational climate and manage student behavior in the
Communicate clearly in and out of the classroom with students and parents.
Attend staff meetings and professional development sessions.
Learn through observations of self and of peers.
Participate in school wide events such as the Charity Fundraiser, Sports Day,
student recruitment, etc.
Take an active role in required meetings (departmental, grade level,
committees, faculty, etc.)
Assist with additional duties as assigned.
Promote our school values of Excellence, Honor, Community and Joy.
Bachelor’s degree required (Masters degree preferred ) in elementary education or other closely related fields.
Experience in teaching ELA at least for 2 years or experienced in teaching ESL at least 3 years.
Evidence of a teaching Certification from a recognized institution.
- Start Salary: 28,000 - 37,000 RMB/month based on qualification and experience
- Subsidized housing provided
- Home Visit Travel Allowance : Additional 12,000 RMB/year to subsidize for travel (Paid 1,000 RMB monthly)
- Relocation Allowance (One-time only per employee/family if both employed)
- Moving from overseas:
A one-off relocation allowance will be payable in Chinese local currency RMB, following the guideline of 6,000RMB per single teacher and 12,000RMB per family
- Moving from mainland China:
3,000RMB per single teacher and 6,000RMB per family
- Pay review : Annual salary adjustment subject to overall school profit and individual evaluation performance
- Paid Vacations in winter, summer and other paid holidays based on national statutory holiday’s arrangement
- Full worldwide health insurance- MSH Insurance
- Children’s SMIC School Tuition: Free for first child, 50-70% discount for second child depending on different program