Class Teacher (Key Stage 1)
About The SchoolOur top-quality British international school opens for selected year groups in September 2022. Learn more about this school
Shrewsbury International School Guangzhou seeks to appoint appropriately qualified teachers and administrators to the founding team of our premium British brand school, opening in September 2022.
Individuals joining us will be attracted to the pioneering opportunity of shaping a new school in its founding years.
The school has capacity to enrol 2,200 students from Kindergarten through Year 1 to Year 13 of the British (English National) curriculum. There will be 900 boarding places in the Senior School. The medium of instruction will be English, combining with a strong programme of Chinese Language and Culture. The planning for the founding year includes provision for a Year 2 class.
Shrewsbury Guangzhou is a purpose-built world class campus, located on a stunning riverfront site in the Nansha District. The school is in the geographic centre of the dynamic Greater Bay Area.
Shrewsbury Guangzhou belongs to the Shrewsbury Family, which includes Shrewsbury International School Bangkok, Shrewsbury International School Hong Kong, and Shrewsbury School in the United Kingdom.
The Teacher will:
- Provide a comprehensive service for Shrewsbury students and their families.
- Be responsible for planning, developing, implementing, and reviewing a creative and engaging programme of study connected to the English National Curriculum and Early Years Foundation Stage profile.
- Communicate regularly and effectively with parents.
- Work effectively and collaboratively with the Teaching Assistant.
- Contribute positively to the wellbeing of others.
- Attend regular meetings with other members of the academic team.
- Play an active role in the Extra Curricular Activity programme.
- Support the safe running of the school campus.
The Teacher will:
- Be a fully qualified English-speaking teacher with QTS.
- Have a minimum of three years of post-qualification experience.
- Be passionate about the development of young people.
- Advocate the benefits of a broad curriculum.
- Have a full understanding of the English National Curriculum and Early Years Foundation Stage profile.
- Be able to nurture and stretch the most able whilst also making lessons accessible and enjoyable for all.
- Be internationally minded, demonstrating experience of and interest in working with children who speak English as an additional language.
- Be interested in and engaged with Chinese culture and society; and the impact of the school in contributing to excellent educational provision in the Chinese context.
- Be willing and able to reflect professionally to refine their practice.
- Have a track record of exceptional pastoral care and be able to prioritise the happiness and wellbeing of all students.
- Have excellent communication skills.
An internationally competitive package of remuneration and benefits is offered under the terms of a