Hangzhou Dingwen School
College Counselor（American background）
Negotiable Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China 1 position available Starting date in 2024-02-01
About The SchoolHangzhou Dingwen School is a private institution that at its full size will serve 2,800 students. Learn more about this school
- Provide comprehensive guidance and support to international students in the college admissions process for American universities.
- Conduct in-depth interviews with students to understand their goals, interests, and academic achievements.
- Assist students in selecting suitable colleges and universities based on their preferences and academic profiles.
- Advise students on building a strong college application, including selecting appropriate courses, preparing recommendation letters, and writing personal statements.
- Provide guidance on standardized tests, such as the SAT or ACT, and assist students in creating study plans and preparing for exams.
- Conduct research on various colleges and universities, including admission requirements, scholarship opportunities, and application deadlines.
- Stay up-to-date with current trends and changes in the college admissions process in the United States.
- Establish and maintain relationships with admissions officers at American universities to stay informed about the latest admissions policies and requirements.
- Organize workshops, seminars, and informational sessions to educate students and parents about the college admissions process.
- Provide ongoing support and guidance to students throughout the application process, including reviewing and editing application materials.
- Track and monitor student progress, ensuring all application materials are submitted accurately and on time.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited American university.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the American undergraduate education system.
- Familiarity with the college admissions process for American universities, including requirements, deadlines, and scholarship opportunities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to establish rapport with students and parents.
- Ability to provide personalized guidance and support to students based on their individual needs and aspirations.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail to ensure all application materials are submitted accurately and on time.
- Proficiency in English, both written and verbal.
- Previous experience in college admissions counseling or a related field is preferred.
- Competitive salary and performance-based bonuses.
- Opportunities for professional growth and development in the field of international education.
- Work in a dynamic and multicultural environment with a supportive team.
- Access to a wide network of resources and partnerships with prestigious universities.
- Health insurance coverage.
- Paid vacation and holidays.
Post date: 2023-10-23