¥ 25k-30k/month Shanghai, China 1 position available Starting date in 2020-02-07
About The SchoolAthena Academy is the subsidiary of Elite K-12 International Education Group. Learn more about this school
This individual will work with academic team members to co-design and develop curriculum content, training materials related to curriculum, training modules, teaching aids, and manage some aspects of curriculum development such as test-run, implementation, evaluation and updates of programs.
This individual will be expected to deliver accurate, high-quality documentation with a specified deadline and timeline.
About Athena Academy
Athena Academy is the subsidiary of Elite K-12 International Education Group. We adopt the US Common Core Standard and the teaching methodologies of Project-based Learning (PBL) in designing our programs. Our aim is to provide our students opportunities in not only learning Academic English, but also acquiring the soft-skills of critical thinking, collaboration, communication, problem solving and creativity, which will enable them to adapt and enhance their own capacity in this constantly changing 21st century.
- Work with team members to analyze courses and needs, review and recommend textbooks and other educational materials.
- Work with team members to co-design and develop curriculum contents, training materials, training modules, teaching aids etc.
- Work with operations staff to develop procedures and guidance for teachers and other staff to implement curriculum.
- Improve the design of the curriculum based on student data, feedback from staff, actual observation of class and feedback on test run of curriculum designed;
- Work with teaching staff to evaluate the effectiveness of the program and keep updating curricula to ensure the curricula designed meet the needs of target customers;
- Train teachers and other instructional staff in new content or programs.
- Manage multiple program development projects simultaneously by prioritizing project deadlines.
Note: You may be asked to teach a limited amount of classes in order to understand the course and trial new alterations to existing courses, or test-run new courses. Your teaching hours will be determined by the Academic Management based on current development needs.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Must have a minimum of a CELTA with a minimum of 5-6 years of teaching experience, ideally related to the teaching of reading, writing and/or general English courses.
- Bachelor’s degree in either Arts or Sciences. A teaching qualification such as CELTA, TESOL, ideally at postgraduate level.
- Experience of developing own lesson plans and resources while working towards set goals and objectives.
- Minimum of five years of relevant teaching experience of reading, writing and/or general English courses. Conversation classes would not count towards this experience.
- Experience in managing multiple tasks and the ability to deal positively with obstacles to progress.
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Good understanding of online teaching practice and key principles of child learning.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with others to achieve desired outcomes.
- Strong organizational skills and time management skills; ability to be flexible and solve problems.
- Analytical skills to examine student test data and make recommendations for improvement in curriculum;
- Effective writing skills and Creative skills;
Desired Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Holds a postgraduate qualification in an education-related discipline, with post-qualification experience.
- Strong understanding and application of educational concepts and learning principles to classroom practice.
- Experience of managing and collaborating across departments and/or locations.
- Experience and competence with digital technology in the classroom.
- Prior experience with teaching programming, electronics and technology.
- Prior experience at English training centers.
- Prior experience in international departments and/or international school settings.
- Prior experience with IB PYP, Inquiry-based learning, Project-based learning.
- Basic Salary: 21k-25k/month
- 10 days paid annual leave
- House stipend: 4k-5K/month
- Flight ticket reimbursement 6K
- Annual bonus provided （up to 1 month salary）
- Medical insurance & Medical check provided
- Work Visa Assistance
Post date: 2019-12-27