This position has been Cancelled, please checkout similar jobs listed besides.
Debate and Public Speaking Coach
￥15.5k-20k/month Shanghai, China 4 positions available Starting date in 2019-01-01
About The SchoolA systematic approach to empower learners through public speaking&debate courses. Learn more about this school
LearningLeaders is a shanghai based, China’s foremost organization focused on the development of communication and leadership skills through immersive learning experiences.
"Our expertise encompasses the disciplines of debate, public speaking, and critical reasoning. Our coaches guide learners to develop, enhance, and apply exemplary communication skills. Our alumni view public speaking as a delightful, effortless, and valuable activity."
The Director of Competitive Speech & Leadership is a competitive educator who strives to improve learning experiences for both our learners and team members.
If this sounds like you, your chief responsibilities will be to:
• Coach between 8 to 10 public speaking courses per week (16 to 20 hours of coaching).
• Develop competitive speech curricula. • Develop an extra-curricular I.E. training program to compete at the very highest levels of competitive public speaking internationally.
• Evaluate, revise, and implement curricula for LearningLeaders public speaking courses: Elite Speech (After Dinner Speaking, Humorous Interpretation, Duo Interpretation, Dramatic Interpretation, and Impromptu), Extemporaneous Speaking, Original Oratory, and Dramatic Monologue.
• Identify appropriate speech competitions for students and train them to achieve success.
In addition to coaching responsibilities, you will develop your leadership, project management, and intercultural communication skills through initiating new ventures within LearningLeaders.
Examples of recent successful initiatives include:
• Competitions: In 2018, Team China students working with LearningLeaders coaches won the World School’s Debating Championships. In 2017 and 2018 alone, multiple students working with LearningLeaders coaches have won both US and China national championships in multiple debate formats.
• Event Management: Hosting debate tournaments, community service events, public speaking training sessions and forums
• Partnership opportunities: Summer & winter camps, visiting coaches, teacher training, and corporate coaching.
- 2 year relevant coaching experience in competitive speech at either a secondary or
post-secondary educational institution
- Eligible for working visa
- Passionate and inquisitive individual
- Flexibility and adaptability to new environments
- Quick wit and a sense of humor
- Outstanding linguistic capabilities, both in writing and speaking
- Up to two-month worth salary performance bonus at Chinese Spring Festival
- ¥200 monthly subsidized gym membership
- Relocation fee if you are flying to Shanghai from abroad
- Diverse in-house weekly training provided, including Mandarin class
- Partner equity provided when completing 1.5 year contract in a rapidly-growing company
- Training allowance for self-development from outside resource
- International health insurance
- Opportunities to be part of a growing company in a start-up environment
- Involvement in both coaching and business development
- Open Policy in terms of paid holidays
- Work visa
Post date: 2018-09-29