Design Technology and Art Teacher
About The SchoolOur top-quality British international school opens for selected year groups in September 2022. Learn more about this school
A warm welcome to join the founding team of our top-quality British international school, Shrewsbury Guangzhou, opening for selected year groups in September 2022. The school is located on a purpose-built riverfront campus in Guangzhou’s Nansha District. Shrewsbury Guangzhou is affiliated to Shrewsbury School in the UK, founded in 1552, and to Shrewsbury International Schools in Bangkok (opened 2003) and Hong Kong (opened 2018). We will deliver a world-class primary and secondary British curriculum from Year 1-13, together with a strong programme of Chinese language and culture. The school offers boarding from Year 8. The enrolment capacity of the world-class campus facility is 2200 students.
The Teacher of Design Technology and Art teaches as a Design Technology specialist in the Primary School; the subjects of Design Technology and Art in Key Stage 3; and Design at IGCSE and A Level. The Design and Technology teacher embraces the innovation space and the synergy with computing, the sciences, and the humanities. The Design Technology programme at the school is a pillar of the academic curriculum, drawing on expertise from other schools in the Shrewsbury International Asia group. This combination of teaching expectations shapes the relevant criteria that will be applied in making the appointment.
The successful candidate exhibits the following characteristics:
- A well-qualified Design Technology specialist, with the ability to teach Art in Key Stage 3.
- A dedicated, highly motivated teacher, capable of inspiring students.
- A full working knowledge of the English National Curriculum and an ability and aspiration to attain the highest standards.
- Experience of working with English Language Learners (ELL) or a desire to broaden his / her experience and skills in EAL teaching and learning strategies.
- A flexible approach to working within the school curriculum and structures.
- An appreciation of the value of the extra-curricular dimension in developing the potential of students.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a positive approach to professional development, particularly in the areas of Design Technology, Art, EAL and ICT.
- Internationally minded.
- Interested in and respectful of Chinese culture, language, and society.
- The ability to work within and apply all school policies.
- Criminal record check(s) according to residence history prior to the start of contract.
- Confirmation of identity (Passport).
- 2 signed, confidential references (one of which will be from the candidate’s current headteacher) before the start of contract.
- Verification of original qualifications.
- 3+ years related experience.
- Bachelor’s degree and higher; graduation from universities in western countries is an advantage.
- Teacher’s Qualification Certificate of PRC / QTS / equivalent recognised certificate from other countries.
- Ability to teach in English and assess student attainment according to the standards of the British (English National) curriculum.
Shrewsbury International School promotes the welfare and wellbeing of children and is committed to Child Protection and Safeguarding.
An internationally competitive package of remuneration and benefits is offered under the terms of a two-year contract.