Director of Academic
About The SchoolHangzhou World Foreign Language School and Ningbo World Foreign Language School are the members. Learn more about this school
- To create and monitor a comprehensive professional development plan for all teachers that includes orientation and mentoring of new teachers.
- To provide individual and school wide instructional coaching that is data driven while ensuring that curriculum is aligned with the relevant standards and assessments. This includes implementation of periodic standardized assessments that will provide data to inform instruction.
- To develop and implementation of the Academic and School Improvement Plan.
- To co-develop and implement educational policies and programs, ensuring that they are carried out appropriately by all WEIMING schools, students, parents and staff.
- To lead the schools’ standards based instructional and assessment strategies to build and support
a data driven culture where assessments are used to increase achievement and student learning.
- To observe, supervise, and help the international divisions of all WEIMING schools in the implementation of curriculum.
- To assist with the textbook review and purchasing process.
- To coordinate WEIMING in-house and international standardized assessments; including the development of in-house assessments and the organization of international standardized tests. To
evaluate, track and share standardized test results with all appropriate parties.
- To engage the staff in intensive data analysis and results planning that will inform planning and
- To lead accreditation efforts and school improvement planning.
- To build a culture of sharing of effective practices among instructional staff by facilitating cross-class observations, co-planning sessions, and ad-hoc meetings as necessary.
- To serve as a consultant to teachers in matters of classroom management, teaching methods, and
general school procedures; to work with teachers on areas of weakness as well as best practices.
- Participate in the recruitment of international project teachers and staff.
1. Functional Competency
- International Curriculum Operation and Management ability
- Teachers training/evaluation ability
- Resource integration ability
- Team cooperation/leading ability
- Bilingual ability or Native English speaker
- Organizing/management/coordinating ability
- Be familiar with international curriculum, especial for British\Australia\American course system.
- Be familiar with education law both in China and abroad.
- At least 3 years ESL or other subjects teaching experience
- At least 5 years management experience in international school or organizations.
- Master’s degree
- Teaching/Curriculum major are preferred
- Teaching Certification