This position has been Filled, please checkout similar jobs listed besides.
One Beijing International High School
DIRECTOR OF ACADEMICS
¥27K+/Month Beijing, China 1 position available Starting date in 2018-11-30
About The SchoolIt was founded in 1995 and it is the top brand of international education for China and US. Learn more about this school
This Job Opening is from www.toptutorjob.cn Our client in Beijing, Limai International School is seeking Director of Academics
The LIMAI K to Grade 12 Group has set ambitious goals to ensure that every child - in every school and every neighborhood - has access to a world-class learning experience from birth, resulting in graduation from high school, college and career-ready.
The Director of Academics is responsible for overseeing, coaching and supporting classroom teachers to ensure that all Limai students reach their highest academic potential. The Director of Academics will work with principals, teachers, parents, and students to promote student learning. Reporting directly to the International Assistant Principal, the Director of Academics will work closely with the principals to establish a strong achievement centered culture; coach all teachers to excellence using data to inform decisions; ensure the functionality of systems that support student achievement and design targeted individual and group professional development for teachers. The Director of Academics will be involved in managing and supervising day-to-day teaching programs of all teachers. He/She also undertake teaching and/or substitute teaching roles personally. The main focus of the Director of academic’s job is teacher management.
Direct reporting and evaluation by the: INTERNATIONAL ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL.
-Master Degree in Education
-Excellent credentials in relevant positions
The Director of Academics is responsible for working with the Headmaster and the principals to evaluate, enhance, and expand academic offerings with the following primary responsibilities:
1. To create and monitor a comprehensive professional development plan for all teachers that includes orientation and mentoring of new teachers. This also includes planning all in-service opportunities for faculty.
2. To provide individual and school wide instructional coaching that is data driven while ensuring that curriculum is aligned with the relevant standards and assessments. This includes implementation of periodic standardized assessments that will provide data to inform instruction.
3. To lead the school’s standards based instructional and assessment strategies to build and support a data driven culture where assessments are used to increase achievement and student learning.
4. To observe, supervise, and help the faculty in the development and implementation of curriculum.
5. To assist with the textbook review and purchasing process.
6. To coordinate in-house assessments: including the development of in-house assessments and selection of standardized tests. To evaluate, track and share standardized test results with all appropriate parties.
7. To engage the staff in intensive data analysis and results planning that will inform planning and instruction.
8. To ensure compliance with legal requirements of government regulations and agencies.
9. To lead accreditation efforts and school improvement planning.
10.To make recommendations to the principals regarding the hiring, retention and assignment of faculty.
11.To build a culture of sharing of effective practices among instructional staff by facilitating cross-class observations, co-planning sessions, and ad-hoc meetings as necessary.
12.To serve as a consultant to teachers in matters of classroom management, teaching methods, and general school procedures; to work with teachers on areas of weakness as well as best practices.
13.To contribute to the guidance function of the school, including scheduling of students and academic advising.
14.To provide data to parents and other internal and external stakeholders related to academic evaluation and assessment, testing, academic procedures, and academic offerings.
15.To implement and oversee a program to challenge gifted students to achieve to their highest potential.
16.To assist the International Principal in the evaluation, planning and execution of the program.
17.Pair up the teachers in terms of experience and personality in order to provide high standards of teaching a positive experience for both students and the teachers.
18.Organize and deliver weekly Teacher Development Workshops and ensure that the topic and content is relevant, practical and useful for teachers. Implement where possible additional methods of Continued Professional Development should a need be identified.
19.Observe each teacher at least twice (including a less formal pop-in) during their contracted period and hold an individual feedback session afterwards within 48hours. Complete a feedback form for each observation. One copy to be handed over to the teacher and one copy for Administration office for the teachers’ personal file.
20.Reporting to the International Assistant Principal, you are responsible for all academic issues. It is vital that all managers work together to ensure the smooth running of the curriculum school.
Starting Salary: ¥27K after tax
Salary depends on managerial and teaching experience.
✓ Sick leave.
✓ US Calvert pedagogic materials & Training provided by the US Calvert team.
✓ End of academic year bonus up to 12,000 RMB when the contract finished after 1 year.
✓ Paid and full assistance on working visa by the school.
✓ Arrival assistance (airport pick-up).
✓ Paid holidays.
✓ Ongoing training and development workshops.
✓ Medical insurance benefits.
✓ Free breakfast and lunch on campus.
Post date: 2018-10-23