UWC Changshu China
DP Drama Teacher(TOK preferred)
¥30K-45K/Month Suzhou, Jiangsu, China 1 position available Starting date in 2021-08-20
About The SchoolWell known Welsh college established in 1962, famous for its focus on students qualities improvement Learn more about this school
UWC was founded in 1962 with UWC Atlantic College in South Wales opening that same year. The aim was to bring together young people from areas of post-war conflict to act as champions of peace through an education based on shared learning, collaboration and understanding. UWC firmly believes that through education comes the greatest hope for young people to realize their full potential. In the turbulent world of the 21st century, UWC’s aims and objectives are as relevant today as they were in 1962 – perhaps even more so. We need future leaders who know and understand one another and who are inspired to make a difference.
There are 18 UWC schools and colleges around the world. We are represented in around 155 countries through our national committees. More than 60,000 students from over 180 countries have studied at UWC schools and colleges as well as taken UWC short course programmes. The majority of UWC alumni continue their education in top colleges and universities with scholarships. UWC offers a transformative and challenging educational experience. Students have an opportunity to discover who they are through an education that isn’t only about academic achievement. We also focus on community engagement, international affairs, physical activities, service to others and creative pursuits.
About UWC Changshu China
Founded in 2015 as the first UWC in the mainland of China and the 15th in the world, UWC Changshu China offers a challenging and transformative educational experience in a multicultural environment. Co-curricular programmes and community living provide excellent opportunities for experiential learning. Students are encouraged to live up to UWC values of international understanding, mutual responsibility and respect, idealism, action and personal example. Students develop understanding and skills for conflict resolution and to address issues of sustainability.
As an IB World School, UWC Changshu China offers a high-quality two-year IB Diploma Programme (DP) and a one-year foundation programme for students to be better prepared for the rigorous IB Diploma Programme. All students from 100 countries and regions of diverse background board at the school and immerse themselves in Chinese language and culture, social entrepreneurship and environmental activism programmes.
- A minimum of 2 years of IB Diploma teaching experience
- Has taught various level of IB diploma courses (HL, SL)
- Demonstrated track record of working in a team
- Demonstrated track record of being able to connect with students
- Willingness or demonstrated track record in learning and practicing new pedagogy
- To supervise Extended Essay
- Willing and prepare to teach Theory of Knowledge or lead the subject session in Theory of Knowledge
- Willing and prepare to support the curriculum of the department
- Willing to attend relevant IB workshops and be trained to used the pedagogy that supports the School and department philosophy.
- Work visa qualified
- Currently in China
- ¥30K-45K/M(depending on the qualification and experiences)
- Free accommodation
- Flight allowance
- Health insurance
- Meal allowance
- Summer vacation/Winter vacation
- Christmas holiday more than 1 week
- Working visa supported
- 2 months salary when finishing contract
Post date: 2021-06-03