Position Overview (Must be currently in CHINA)
A Whittle School & Studios’ graduate is an independent thinker and a compassionate, humble, lifelong learner who desires to contribute to the world. The successful candidate should have strong subject knowledge and an interest in teaching interdisciplinary content across subjects. In addition, the teacher should:
- genuinely enjoy the company of adolescents
- be committed to developing a relationship and sense of trust with each student
- seek to engage with students and the greater Whittle community both inside and outside the classroom in a variety of ways
We believe all children are naturally curious and born to be great thinkers, forming meaning from interactions with family, peers, teachers, and community. Core responsibilities of all Campus faculty members are organized loosely by the four program areas of the Whittle Ideal Candidate: (1) Core Curriculum, (2) Global Perspectives, (3) Personalized Pathways, and (4) Beyond the Core as well as those responsibilities expected as a member of a collaborative, professional learning community.
Qualifications and Attributes
Whittle School & Studios values innovation, risk-taking, and an entrepreneurial spirit. We are looking for candidates who are individual and team contributors; who possess an entrepreneurial, innovative, and growth mindset; who are continuous and self-reflective learners; and have education and content expertise. The following are highly desirable qualifications for the listed position:
• Bachelor’s degree BA/BS in a relevant subject (postgraduate work in a relevant field will also be considered)
• Minimum 3 years of teaching experience in a project-based learning, preferably in an independent school environment.
• Teaching Certification or License
• Participates in professional learning communities, grade-level teams, and other collaborative communities to design and plan instructions, to improve practice, and to achieve student outcomes
• Drive and energy to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
• Master’s degree or above in a relevant subject or area is preferred
• Linguistic competency in Mandarin Chinese is preferred (English is the language of teaching instruction; all students are native Mandarin speakers).
Whittle School & Studios provides market competitive salaries for all our staff, as well as employee benefits.
–Basic Salary: Negotiable(depends on qualification and experience)
– Annual Airfare Allowance: RMB 10,000 each, for a full-time staff member and accompanying spouse; RMB 5,000 each, for up to two accompanying, dependent children
– Start of Contract Relocation and Airfare Allowance: Up to RMB 10,000 one way start of contract Relocation/ Airfare allowance for foreign teachers
– Supplementary Medical Insurance: provided by an insurance company selected by School
– Housing Allowance: Up to RMB 3000 per month (separately from salary)