The International Montessori School of Beijing
Elementary Teacher-Montessori Curriculum
￥28k-33k/month Beijing, China 1 position available Starting date in 2020-08-15
About The SchoolOur mission is to bring out the best in each and every student. Learn more about this school
About The International Montessori School of Beijing
Higher Elementary Teacher
Lower Elementary Teacher
Our mission is to bring out the best in each and every student. As a community of dedicated and highly experienced educators, we are committed to providing a very strong academic foundation, as well as instilling social and moral responsibility, integrity, confidence and an enthusiasm for life-long learning.
“Give a man a fish and he eats for a day; teach a man to fish and he eats for a lifetime.” - Proverb
The International Montessori School of Beijing aspires to be an adaptive, internationally acclaimed educational experience for children from infancy to 17 years blending Montessori and globally recognized academic frameworks to provide students with the essential skills to realize success in university, career and in life.
Caroline Chen, MSB’s founding principal, started teaching in Beijing in 1990 when she set up a Montessori classroom in the Royal Norwegian Embassy for a group of 10 pupils. In this single classroom, the vision of MSB grew out of her desire to create an unique Kindergarten and Elementary school aimed at providing excellent education in the English and Chinese language for Beijing’s international community.
In 1992, she created a Kindergarten at The China World Trade Center, and one year later, established MSB’s Elementary Programme at Beijing Lufthansa Center. For over 10 years, the Beijing Diplomatic Language and Cultural Centre in Sanlitun served as MSB’s central base to the school’s other Kindergarten and Elementary campuses at River Gardens and Beijing Riviera. As MSB students grew in numbers, MSB’s curriculum expanded to offer a choice of an English only based education or a complete full-immersion dual language English-Mandarin Programme. Today, MSB is well respected in the Beijing and international educational community for providing a very strong academic programme in both its English-Only and Dual-Language Programmes.
In 2012, MSB established its new and beautiful campus at Riviera, consolidating all of its campuses on the same grounds. The school now serves over 400 children aged 18 months to 12 years, representing more than 40 nationalities, all receiving the excellent education in English and Chinese language that Caroline envisioned.
MSB is fully registered with the Chinese Ministry of Education Beijing Education Bureau. It has been in existence for over 28 years. MSB is a member of the American Montessori Society (AMS). AMS represents over 1,500 Montessori schools worldwide and affiliates over 100 teacher training programs (all accredited by the Montessori Accreditation Council for Teacher Education (MACTE).
• Create and maintain an appropriate classroom environment.
• Adapt and deliver the related curriculum for individual, small group, and remedial instruction to meet the needs of identified students or subgroups of students.
• Assess students at the beginning of and throughout the year and group them accordingly.
• Design and execute termly and weekly lesson plans upon approval of your Immediate Supervisor.
• Create and adapt the related materials and activities to supplement the current syllabus and ultimately ensure a curriculum is developed which encompasses Best Practice principles.
• Monitor and evaluate students’ academic progress through up-to-date records of students’ daily work, homework and test scores
• Establish and maintain standards of student behaviour, which is compliant with the expectations of the classroom and school norms.
• Collaborate with lead teachers to ensure a unified teaching approach and understanding of students’ academic and social growth.
• Assign and mark weekly the related homework in a timely fashion and follow up with students, lead teachers, and/or parents as required and when work is incomplete.
• Assign all the related homework so that it is ready for students to use on Monday morning each week.
• Participate in Parent-Teacher conferences and respond to parent questions and concerns including the creation of documentation for the student files.
-Native English Speaker: USA, CANADA, UK, SOUTH AFRICA, AUSTRALIA, New Zealand, Ireland
-BA degree ; ideally with a professional teaching license, PGCE/PGDE/SACE, or a certified teacher
-Minimum of 2+ years teaching experience
-Enthusiastic, outgoing nature
-Ability to embrace a team teaching concept
-Ability to work in a team
-Enthusiasm for new cultures and experiences
-Creative problem solving skills
-Basic monthly salary 20k - 25k/month (depending on the qualification and experience)
-Housing allowance 8k/month
-Flight ticket reimbursement
-Summer and winter vacation fully paid
-3-week off for Christmas
-2-week off for Chinese New Year
Post date: 2019-12-07