Tsinglan School, Dongguan
English Homeroom Teacher
¥30K-40K/Month Dongguan, Guangdong, China 1 position available Starting date in 2021-08-01
About The SchoolSchool Vision - to become the innovator of the internationalization of basic education Learn more about this school
About the school:
Tsinglan School is a pre-K through grade 12 international school committed to blending the best of Chinese and western educational philosophies and practices.
Mission: Cultivate limitless talents, create a limitless world.
Motto: Try, and all is possible.
In a compassionate, free, open, and collaborative school culture, Tsinglan cultivates thoughtful, responsible, intelligent, and interesting young citizens and sets them up on the paths to pursuing truth.
Tsinglan’s continuous and integrated PK-12 curriculum allows the progression of teaching and learning from one grade to the next, and continuous cultivation of linguistic competency in both English and Chinese languages, academic skills, character strengths, and cultural understanding.
With the U.S. Common Core State Standards as the foundation of our curricular structure, different divisions have different educational focus appropriate for the developmental and academic readiness of students at each age group. The Lower and Middle Schools provide students with the solid academic foundation in major academic subjects. Our progressive dual language immersion program lasts through all grades in Lower, Middle, and Upper Schools. Students are encouraged to develop their extracurricular interests throughout their time at Tsinglan.
- Native English speaker with excellent verbal and written English language skills;
- Bachelor's Degree on Education/English
- Teacher Certificate required, PGCE preferred
- Previous work experience of teaching in local (public or private) schools in Western countries and/or international schools preferred;
- Flexibility, patience and a strong work ethic;
- Commitment to the value of team work.
1. Responsibly plan and teach lessons and support students
2. Contribute to and develop a comprehensive curriculum for Tsinglan School
3. Contribute to the active, co-curricular program at Tsinglan School
4. Help design and implement Project Based Learning, 21st Century Skills, and Multicultural Week for students of different ages (middle school, and high school)
5. Support student learning by collaborating with other teachers and departments of the school, such as supporting English and ESL learning in other subjects and programs
6. Enhance literacy in students; help students with special literary talents move far in this area by recommending opportunities to them and possibly offering extra tutorials
7. Support the school’s commitment to the 4C skills of communication, collaboration, critical thinking, and creativity in teaching and working with colleagues
8. Promote cross-cultural understanding among faculty and students
9. Participate actively in curricular work, curricular writing, and professional development within the curriculum group and the faculty at large
10. Whenever possible, become involved in interdisciplinary teaching with colleagues
11. Maintain positive relationships with parents and participate in parent-teacher conferences
12. Offer at least one elective or club for students each semester
13. Occasionally cover classes for colleagues
14. Assist with Foci-Learning Week, Summer School, Study Trips when possible.
15. Assist with other student activities when possible
16. Assess regularly and thoughtfully, both formatively and summatively, including midterms and final exams
17. Enter attendance records and grading data frequently into academic system
18. Care for all students in class and actively report concerns and accolades regarding students’ progress in class
19. Support and work with the support staff where appropriate, including the admissions officers by writing and grading admissions tests
20. Be flexible, and assist with any other duties, tasks or jobs as may be reasonably requested by the management.
- 30000 RMB or more monthly salary based on qualifications and previous working experience
- Round-trip flight tickets reimbursement once a year
- Free child education (2 kids outmost)
- Housing allowance
- PD training fund 20000RMB every year
- Paid vacation plus 5 paid days leave
- Work visa support
- Medical Insurance 20000RMB outmost per year
- Free meals for working days)
- Physical check once a year
- Free study-trip during holidays
- Contract Renew Bonus from the third working year
- Performance appraisal bonus
- Other Benefits
Post date: 2020-10-29
- Tsinglan School, Dongguan
Whole School PE Teacher¥30K-40K/Month Dongguan, Guangdong 1 position availableTsinglan School, Dongguan
HS Chemistry Teacher¥30K-40K/Month Dongguan, Guangdong 1 position availableTsinglan School, Dongguan
Social Studies Teacher¥30K-40K/Month Dongguan, Guangdong 1 position available