This position has been Cancelled, please checkout similar jobs listed besides.
International Department of Beijing No.35 High School
￥17k-30k/Month Beijing, China Several Starting date in 2018-05-11
About The SchoolBeijing 35 is a dynamic institution that is constantly striving to improve itself. Learn more about this school
Beijing No. 35 High School’s International Department (Est. 2012) is located in Beijings Daxing district, about 40 minutes from the downtown area of the city. Beijing 35 (Est. 1923), altogether, has four campuses; a regular high school in Beijing’s central Xicheng district, a middle school, and a vocational college. If you come, you would work for the International Department and would have the choice to live in either the city (each morning catching a shuttle bus from Beijing’s Guomao area), or in Caiyu town, Daxing District where the International Department is located.
Academically, Beijing 35’s International Department is part of a crucial stage in development. As our enrollment has skyrocketed in recent years, we are becoming more selective about the students we receive. This year, the school opened a brand new 6 floor teaching building with state-of-the-art facilities containing computer labs, a music room, exercise facility, dance room, a multipurpose room, classrooms, offices, staff tea/coffee room, etc. All rooms have a large touch screen monitor television connected to a computer and overhead projector (camera enabled, not the mirrored kind).
The role of the English Teacher is to:
1) TEACHING and LEARNING
• Provide an organised, disciplined and stimulating environment for students’ learning both inside and outside the classroom.
• Demonstrate excellence in the classroom
• Create instructional resources for use in the classroom
• Plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities; create lesson plans and modify accordingly throughout the year
• Provide proper, accurate and timely assessments for student learning, including creating and conducting tests, exams, grade papers, comments, reporting, etc. based on the guidelines given by the school; ensure full compliance of assessment criteria given by the school
• Utilise various curriculum resources
• Integrate competencies, goals, and objectives into lesson plans
• Develop incentives to keep students participating in class
• Work with programme supervisors to ensure objectives are being met
• Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities
• Prepare and distribute required reports
• Manage student behaviour by invoking approved disciplinary procedures
• All other administrative duties as needed
2) RESPONSIBILITIES TO THE SCHOOL
• Promote a positive, confident and happy international community
• Have high expectations of personal achievement
• Attend staff meetings, parents/teacher meetings, school trips & school events and functions as and when required by the school (including events organized on Saturdays and Sundays)
• Support and implement the student code of conduct
• Cover for absent colleagues if required
• Work closely with other staff members as a team
3) ENGLISH SPEAKING ENVIRONMENT
• All teachers are required to encourage an English-speaking environment for all students within the school
4) OTHER TASKS
• Undertake other tasks as and when assigned by the Immediate Superior and/or the school
Post date: 2018-03-12