English Teacher and Coach
About The SchoolToday a reader, tomorrow a leader! Learn more about this school
What do we do?
At élan, we teach English through engaging
with literature and writing practice for students aged 5-15. In the beginning,
it’s likely that you will predominantly take on Phonics, Early Reader Program, and
lower level literature/writing coursework with the opportunity to teach picture
books, novels, grammar, and different writing mediums in the future.
Each of the centers has a Library with over
5000 original English books. Students signing up for our Library follow our
specially-developed Guided Reading Program designed to make students become
independent readers while furthering their joy of reading.
1. Deliver high quality literature,
writing, and phonics courses to students including assigned quizzes.
2. Issue, explain and mark all tasks and
assignments, including in-class and post class assignments, to students and parents of
3. Conduct phonics tests and free trials
for new students and make recommendations for classes.
4. Enforce a “culture of English” and other
élan expectations through classroom discipline and focus.
5. Work with the Center manager, Head
Teacher and other staff in the center to be informed about schedule changes, absences, and
students having trial classes, as well as create strategies for special case
6. Substitute for absent colleagues - this
may be at short notice and off-site, or involve assistance in the library during busy
times, particularly if you have an empty slot on a weekend.
7. Participate in a training course held by
the academic department, which will help you become familiar with all aspects
of Élan curriculum, lesson flow, and quiz schedules.
8. If your work schedule allows and you
have an interest, there is an opportunity to assist with the development of our curriculum, winter
and summer classes materials, and also to assist with marketing events.
1.Five days a week (three weekdays and
Sat/Sun), with two consecutive days off on weekdays.
2.Weekday hours: 11am-8pm (with 1 hour for
3.Weekend hours: 9am-6pm (with 1 hour for
4.Summer and winter holiday schedule will
be arranged by the Centre Manager of each center
1. Native speakers and citizens of the
United Kingdom, the United States of America, Australia,
New Zealand, Canada, Ireland and South
2. Bachelor’s degree or above
3. TEFL/TESOL/CELTA certificate
4. Formal English teaching experience is
preferred: 1 year and above
1. Monthly salary: 14000RMB to 22000RMB,
2. Discretional bonus based on annual
3. Up to 8000 RMB flight reimbursement
(one-way to or from, or return to your home country)
after completing a one year contract
4. Health and accident insurance for a
5. A legal Z Work Visa with work permit
6. Arrival Support: Airport pick-up
7. Up to 1200RMB hotel fee reimbursement,
paid after the 2 months’ probation period
8. 10000RMB start-up loan for accommodation
(Teachers have to provide their passport and
accommodation contract as a guarantee until
the loan is paid back in three months).
9. 11 days for Chinese Public Holidays plus
11 days for paid annual leave. 3 days full paid ick
leave (teachers need to provide sick note
get from local hospital).