Beijing SMIC Private School & Kindergarten
English Track Middle School Science Teacher
¥28K-37K/Month Beijing, China 1 position available Starting date in 2022-08-12
About The SchoolThis school covers education levels from kindergarten to high school with multicultural environment. Learn more about this school
Provide instructional guidance in middle / high school science (Grades 6-8), while actively contributing to our students and school through associated roles expected of a holistic professional educator in a dynamic system dedicated to honor, excellence, community and joy.
Job Duties for Teaching and Learning
• Minimum of 20 periods of working load per week.
• Master Next Generation Science Standards and how to motivate and equip students to master these skills
• Work on curriculum development, which includes preparing effective diverse lesson units based on the school’s curriculum formats, and using technology effectively
• Collaborate with grade level teachers.
• Explain concepts in a detailed, visual, and organized sequence.
• Design authentic assessments and measure effectiveness in meeting curricular goals.
• Maintain and update timely student records including grading (homework, grade books, progress reports, report cards, student attendance, and other required documents)
• Be actively involved in extra-curricular activities as a faculty sponsor / advisor / coach /helper / school committee member
• Actively fulfill assigned supervision duties, which could include lunch recess or morning exercise supervision duty
• Work closely with parents / guardians through providing feedback on progress, answering questions, and being an educational partner where possible.
• Proactively meet and communicate with parents / guardians, students and other teachers when necessary to develop interventions for students with academic, emotional / behavioral or other needs.
• Serve as a substitute teacher when needed
• Take an active role in required meetings (departmental; grade level; committees, faculty; etc.)
• Assist with additional duties as assigned
• Demonstrate strong positive commitment toward school improvement
• Demonstrate commitment to integrated education at the elementary or middle school level including innovations and best practices
• Comfortable working in a school that integrates Chinese and American style educational philosophies
• Comfortable with computers for school related purposes including data management, Rubicon Atlas, email, and MS Office programs
• Fluent in both oral and written English at a professional standard
• Desire to actively engage in professional development opportunities as provided by the school or through individual initiative
• Flexible in adapting to a multi-cultural environment with school community members of many nationalities
• Bachelor’s degree required in Scientific fields or Science Education
• Eligible or willing to pursue a valid teaching license/certificate
• Experience working with limited space or with large numbers of students preferred
• Evidence of current relevant professional development preferred
- Start Salary: 28,000 - 37,000 RMB/month based on qualification and experience
- Subsidized housing provided
- Home Visit Travel Allowance : Additional 12,000 RMB/year to subsidize for travel (Paid 1,000 RMB monthly)
- Relocation Allowance (One-time only per employee/family if both employed)
- Moving from overseas:
A one-off relocation allowance will be payable in Chinese local currency RMB, following the guideline of 6,000RMB per single teacher and 12,000RMB per family
- Moving from mainland China:
3,000RMB per single teacher and 6,000RMB per family
- Pay review : Annual salary adjustment subject to overall school profit and individual evaluation performance
- Paid Vacations in winter, summer and other paid holidays based on national statutory holiday’s arrangement
- Full worldwide health insurance- MSH Insurance
- Children’s SMIC School Tuition: Free for first child, 50-70% discount for second child depending on different program
Post date: 2022-08-01