About The SchoolYungu School is a K12 school established by Alibaba partners. Learn more about this school
Job Summary & Responsibilities
Yungu School is a K-12 school established by Alibaba partners. Our great team of educators and engineers work together for children by blending wisdom and civilizations of both East and West, to create a high-quality education. Yungu School respects individual differences and advocates personal development. It provides students with 15 years of learning experience from kindergarten through high school, with a school-based national curriculum, combined with innovative teaching ideas and methods.
Our passion for re-imagining education includes; designing the various curriculum and projects to meet the growth needs of our students, connecting with parents and students to learn how we can meet their needs, building innovative technology tools for the school and recruiting the best talent for our team. Yungu School is a school based in China and designed for the world by nurturing students to grow into global citizens and lifelong learners with goodwill, happiness, independent thinking and social responsibility.
We are looking for teachers who can; incorporate current technology into the classroom environment, adapt to changes in work priorities and maintain flexible working hours, be sensitive to the development stages and well-being of English Language Leaners and be passionate and dedicated to encouraging students learning in the English language.
The role of the ESL teacher is to:
• Student age range: 7—15 years old.
• Class size: 15—25 students per class.
• Class length: For primary school: 35 minutes, for middle school: 50minutes.
• Working Days & Hours: Monday to Friday, from 07：45am to 17：15pm.
• Curriculum: Yungu curriculum is developed from the National Curriculum, and consists of compulsory, extended and potential courses. The bilingual immersion learning environment helps students to learn the essence of Chinese culture and to appreciate world cultures. Guided by advanced educational philosophy, we explore innovative teaching methods and provide various courses such as traditional culture, library information literacy, PBL (Project Based Learning) and DT (Design Thinking). Our curriculum is integrated with knowledge, social ability and potential training so that our students can achieve their best through personalized learning and develop lifelong learning skills.
• Chinese Teaching Assistant: You will be assisted with a bilingual Chinese teacher for each class.
• On board Training: No.
• Speaks English at an Idiomatic level.
• Degree: Bachelor’s degree or above in Education or English Degree (Degree in teaching or recognized equivalent strongly preferred).
• Experience: At least 3+ years of experience in teaching English as the second language. Experience in early childhood education is preferred. Teaching experience in China is a plus.
• Base Salary: USD 2300 – 4700 (15,000 – 30,000 RMB) After-tax.
• Housing: Monthly stipend USD (5,000 RMB).
• Bonus: Two month’s salary (14 months salary)
• Flight: One way to China.
• Visa: Sponsored legal Z Work Visa.
• On boarding: Ground service assistance.