Peking University Experimental School (Jiaxing)
ESL Teacher G4-G6
¥20K-40K/Month Jiaxing, Zhejiang, China 1 position available Starting date in 2021-08-20
About The SchoolPUESJ allows students' personal and social development, and encourage achievement in multiple areas Learn more about this school
Peking University Experimental School (Jiaxing) is an international new model of school serving students from kindergarten through grade 12. The school is jointly founded by Beida Jade Bird Culture and Education Group and Jiaxing Economic Development Zone. The school is located at Jiaxing International Business Zone, covering an area of 100,000 square meters, with 120,000 square meters of construction area, and it accommodates up to 3,000 students. PKUES(Jiaxing) is an IB world school. The IB (International Baccalaureate) Diploma Programme is an acknowledged leader in international education. The International School of Geneva (Ecolint) created the International Schools Examinations Syndicate (ISES) -later to become the IB, with UNESCO, the UN's International school, Geneva International School, University of Oxford, and so on. The programme encourages students across the world to become active, compassionate and lifelong-learners who understand that other people, with their differences, can also be right. Compared with other international school graduates, students with the IB Diploma have an obvious competitive advantage in their application to the world's top 100 universities. For latest 10 years, the number of IB world schools has seen rapid growth. By 2014, the IB is in more than 150 countries around the world, with over 3900 schools and having trained more than 1 million students. There are nearly one thousand IB international schools in the Asia Pacific alone.
About the position：
Teaching across at least 2 different grades with maximum 22 teaching hours a week.
1. Work closely with co-teachers to plan and implement:
2. Provide additional content relevant to the textbook.
3. Create learning assessments.
4. Focus on developing listening and speaking skills. Develop speaking materials: formative and summative assessments Mainly focus on students’ speaking, listening skills, as well as relevant extension of textbook content.
5. Responsible for overseeing a weekly English radio program.
- Recording and editing.
- Design grade schedule.
- Meet with teachers and students to record the content.
- Knowledge or willingness to learn how to edit using Garageband.
6. Responsible for English speaking test every four weeks.
- Create content for students to practice.
- Create speaking assessment.
7. Run one extended course each semester (e.g Creative writing, Advanced English) be able to deliver each lesson independently.
Bachelor degree or above, major in the related subject is preferred
Hold valid IBPYP workshop certification is a huge plus
Hold valid work permit and visa
In China currently
English as native language
Open-minded, good team-player
Solid academic qualifications and teaching credentials
Strong English language skills with bilingual skills preferred
Basic salary: 20-40k after tax
Insurance: medical and accident insurance provided.
Post date: 2020-12-30