ESL teacher for primary school
About The SchoolHangzhou World Foreign Language School and Ningbo World Foreign Language School are the members. Learn more about this school
The Maple Leaf Model provides a western academic orientation and preparation for admission to western universities, blended with the richness of Chinese educational traditions and culture.
MLES is the first and largest Canadian overseas school system in China. MLES opened its first school in Dalian, China in 1995 and has continued to grow, opening around 75 schools in 18 cities including Dalian, Wuhan, Tianjin, Chongqing, Zhenjiang, Luoyang, Ordos, Shanghai, Pingdingshan, Jingzhou, Yiwu, Xi’an, Pinghu, Huai’an, Weifang, Yancheng, Huzhou, Haikou in September 2017.
- 25.teaching blocks/week (40 mins/block) in Preschool, Elementary School and Middle School;
- Office hour: 9 hours/day including lunch break
Students are in at least 12 classes of English per week. Half of these class sessions are taught by Chinese trained English teachers, using our own published Maple Leaf textbooks, entitled Maple Leaf English and Maple Leaf English for Young Learners. The other half of the English lessons are taught by international English teachers using theOxford Press English Program and other resources.
While Maple Leaf's elementary and middle schools' English programs do build strong English vocabularies and comprehension abilities, Maple Leaf's ESL Program also emphasizes using English in various settings. Units include skills in listening, speaking, reading, writing and grammar.
- Native English speaker from UK, US, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, Ireland, or South Africa
- Bachelor’s degree or above
- Meet one of the following requirements:
- TEFL certificate 120 hours or above required (no “online” word on the certificate)
- At least 2 years of teaching experience required
- Fresh graduate majored in Education/English/Linguistics or relevant subjects
- Recommendation letters relative to previous teaching
- Others: the below documents must be authenticated by Chinese Embassy in the teacher’s home country, including:
- No Criminal Record Check within 6 months from home country
- Highest Degree Certificate
- Kinship documents if with Spouse and Children (marriage certificate, birth certificate）
- Basic annual salary:
- a)21,800USD to 30,000USD per year (before tax), depending on previous teaching experiences
- b)The teacher can choose deposit the money in the Chinese bank account or the oversea bank account which can accept USD
- Year end bonus (first year: 6K; second year: 10K.)
- Housing allowance/on-campus free one bedroom apartment
- Over time allowance
- Vacation with pay
- Flight allowance：1500USD for Round-trip Flight Reimbursement for Teacher, Spouse and Children who live in China full time with the teacher
- Work visa sponsorship