About The SchoolHubei University of Technology was originally established in 1952. Learn more about this school
We are looking for 3 new ESL teachers to
start next semester (arrive in China late August 2018).
Hubei University of Technology is on the
quieter edge of Wuhan near farmlands, yet we have
modern shopping centers like Walmart and
Carrefour just 10 minutes away, and 30 minutes puts you in the heart of Wuhan’s
Central Culture District.
HBUT itself is a green, modern campus. As a
public university, we offer the most stable
environment of all educational institutions
in China. While we insist our teachers are properly
qualified, we also ensure your visa and
other paperwork is maintained correctly and on time for as long as you stay
with us. We pay for it too!
HBUT provides a relaxed atmosphere for our
teachers, and students. Once you arrive, we take
you under our wing, starting with a car
pickup at the airport. We assign a bilingual student to help you with your
daily routine. We also have a full-time westerner employed in our
administration to help you interface with students, staff, and life in general.
We provide you with a modern (built in
2015) air-conditioned apartment, with free utilities including WiFi/Internet.
Studio apartments for singles, 2-bedroom for couples, all including the
essentials such as washing machine, flat screen TV, fully equipped kitchen, and
western-style bathroom/toilet. Anything breaks, we take care of it promptly for
You live right next to the campus, with
local convenience stores, vegetable, fruit, and meat vendors 1 block away. And
5 on-campus multi-level cafeteria complexes all sporting a wide variety of Chinese
meals for just 10 yuan (about $1.50) or less.
* Bachelors degree or higher
* Be a native English speaker. We look for
clear accents and good grammar.
* Have 2 years teaching experience, OR hold
a recognized TEFL certificate.
* Clean criminal record.
* Available for a minimum of 1 year
* Teach oral or written English for 20
class-hours (45 min. periods) per week.
* A passion for teaching and a good
HBUT is also the sole authorized training
center in Central China for the “TEFL in China” course;
Here’s what we will do for you (amounts in
* 7,000 base pay per month. More for higher
degrees and expertise.
* 100 per month accumulating increase for
every year you renew.
* 2,000 – approximate per-month value of
studio apartment with utilities.
* Premium quality medical insurance
(eg up to 400,000 cover for illness
* Return airfare reimbursement to your home
– up to 12,000 per year.
* Airport pickup when you first arrive.
* A team of bilingual student assistants to
* A single student assigned to you
* A full-time westerner to help you “assimilate”.
* Free Chinese lessons (all levels).
* Opportunities to earn additional income:
– Special classes.
– Write Articles, etc.
Once you arrive, we take care of
everything. We deal with all of the bureaucracy, paperwork, fees (except a one-time medical check-up), and
deal with any changes.