Foreign Language Teacher
About The SchoolUnited, alert, tolerant and rigorous. Learn more about this school
Job Summary & ResponsibilitiesBeijing Foreign Languages School (BFLS), under the direct leadership of Beijing Foreign Studies University (BFSU), is a full-time co-educational day and boarding school with a foreign language teaching specialism enrolling students from pre-primary through to high school. There are currently 87 classes enrolling over 2700 students from home and abroad as well as 265 professional teachers and 20 international teachers under period contract. With “united, alert, tolerant, rigorous” as the school motto and “establishing with specialization, strengthening with quality and vitalizing with culture” as the development strategy, BFLS sticks to the education philosophy of “all round development of the individual” and focuses on cultivating “international talents with foreign language specialties, excellent in science and humanities, and comprehensive qualities”.
• General course classification should be in the following areas: speaking, listening, reading and writing of English and other English activities such as English Corner.
• The teachers should provide the detailed teaching plan to the school according to the type of course set by the school, this should also include setting homework, written and oral examinations and student reports to help improve the English level and keep students actively improving.
• The teachers should take an earnest attitude to participate in the R&D work, teaching staff training and other course-related administrative duties of the school.
• The teachers teaching will be observed or recorded for the purposes of curriculum research by R&D Department, Parents’ Open Class or Teacher’s Open Class.
• The teachers should follow the school’s work schedule, being neither late for class, nor dismissing the class ahead of time, nor to extend it.
- Speaks English at an Idiomatic level.
- Degree: BA or above (Education, linguistics or English degree given top priority).
- Experience: TEFL / other teaching certificate OR 2 years teaching experience required.
- Relocate: Must be willing to relocate to China.
Monthly Income Total: 2714 USD (17,500 RMB) before tax.
• Base Salary: 2400 USD (15,000 RMB + 400 RMB as a subsidy for utilities) before tax.
• Housing: The school offers a standard single room OR a shared room with two beds. Apartment renting, 4000RMB allowance monthly.
• Bonus: 314 USD (2,000 RMB) per semester.
• Airfare Bonus: None
• Over time: There may be extra work at the weekends (excluding the work at weekends due to the adjustment of the school schedule), the school shall inform the teachers and offer extra pay. The teachers are expected to cooperate.
• Public Holiday: Chinese public holidays paid off.
• Annual Paid Holiday: Christmas (December 25th, 26th paid leave, Winter holidays (paid leave) around 4 weeks (detailed days are fixed by the school which cannot be changed), Summer holidays (unpaid leave) from July to August (around 2 months).
• Sick Leave: 5 paid days
• Pay Day: 9th day of the next month.