Founding Principal Needed for new High School
About The SchoolAt Concordia International School Shanghai, each enrolled child is an invaluable trust. Learn more about this school
Job DescriptionFounding Principal Needed for new High School, The Shaw Academy, China
The Shaw Academy is a new American High School operating in China and looking for a Founding Principal. The Founding Principal reports to the Shaw Renjie Foundation, supported by Concordia University Chicago, and is responsible for the leadership, internal organization, management, and development of the American education program of the Shaw Renjie Training School.
The Shaw Academy will begin with 120 freshmen students with the capacity to grow to an enrollment of 800. Students will receive an American curriculum as they become proficient in the English language, so that they may articulate to a United States high school to complete their final year of study.
The role of the Founding Principal is to:
• Implement the Strategic Plan and set targets and performance indicators to grow the school enrollment.
• Maintain an environment that establishes a positive learning environment.
• Assist with admission process of all students and the language assessment to determine the course of study
• Ensure that policies and practices take into account national, local, and school requirements, including the use of data to insure the outcomes of school are met
• Supervise and evaluate teachers so that curriculum, instruction, and assessment ensure students will achieve their full potentia
• Develop the school calendar, schedule, and teacher assignments
• Ensure that Shaw Renjie Training School is adequately and appropriately staffed, and ensure the recruitment and retention of high-calibre faculty
• Allocate, control, and account for the financial and material resources of Shaw Renjie Training School
• Provide information, objective advice, and support to the Shaw Renjie Foundation to enable it to meet its responsibilities for securing effective teaching and learning and improved standards of achievement