Grade4 Homeroom Teacher
About The SchoolAchieve Xiamen International School (AXIS) is a premiere international school in China Learn more about this school
Job title: Grade4 Homeroom Teacher
All Primary Teachers will be expected to have a pastoral role according to the needs of the phase of the school in which they teach and as directed by the Head of School and Instructions Director.
Details of Responsibilities
1. To organise personal timetables, classrooms and pupils' work with due regard to the requirements of the curriculum and policies of AXIS.
2. To discuss with parents or guardians their children's progress at parent/teacher meetings and at other times when required.
3. To provide a stimulating classroom environment for children and to expect standards of individual excellence from children.
4. To be aware of and act upon the needs of students with particular emotional and special educational needs and to ensure appropriate provision in their teaching for such students, including those with specific gifts and talents.
5. To produce end of term, yearly, transfer and other necessary reports, as required by the Head of School and Instructions Director.
6. To submit appropriate lesson plans in advance on dates specified by the Head of School and Instructions Director or the Teacher’s line managers and in the format according to school policy.
7. To implement the agreed school discipline policies for all pupils.
8. To participate in playground and other supervisory duties as required.
9. To plan, supervise and teach any extra-curricular activities as required.
10.To take responsibility for the direct management and supervision of any Classroom Teaching Assistant allocated to the Teacher’s class.
11. To Draw the Head of School and Instructions Director's attention to:
13. To be aware of the need for personal career development and to take appropriate in-service training courses wherever possible.
14. To take responsibility for a curriculum area if directed by the Head of School and Instructions Director or the Teacher’s line manager, the responsibilities of which will include:
i. The ordering of equipment and textbooks for the curriculum area within the limits of the financial budget and under the control of the Head of School and Instructions Director.
ii. The responsibility for the care, maintenance, storage and replacement of the curriculum area resources and equipment.
iii.To disseminate new curriculum ideas and developments to other members of the staff.
iv. To review and update, when necessary, the curriculum area's policy document or its components of any Topic Policy.
15. To undertake such additional duties and responsibilities as may be required by the Head of School and Instructions Director, provided that they are consistent with those normally associated with the position.
Open to all nationalities.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
Minimum 2 years relevant experience working
Strong command of spoken and written English
Able to work in a diverse team of both foreign and local cast members
Annual salary range: US $38k-60k
housing allowance - 5000-9000RMB/month,
transportation allowance : US$1800/ contract year + dependent in additional
Shipping allowance: US$1500 incoming, US$1500 outgoing
settling in Allowance: RMB3000 for each newly hired staff
medical insurance, and life insurance