Grade6-9 Performing Arts Teacher（Substitute/full-time）
About The SchoolAchieve Xiamen International School (AXIS) is a premiere international school in China Learn more about this school
Job title: Performing Arts Teacher
Term Of Employment: 2 years
Reporting Accountability: Curriculum Coordinator
Duties and Responsibilities
The Performing Arts teacher’s responsibilities fall under 3 categories: teaching, producing theatrical and community events and supporting/building the school culture.
- Deveop and teach Sisa IS’s Performing Arts musical theatre curriculum which involves music, acting and movement.
- Implement curricula and activities to meet grade level performing arts standards.
- Collaborate with our Performing Arts Team in curriculum development process.
- Direct and produce school productions annually.
- Adapt scripts annually.
- Create or order costumes, sets, props when needed.
- Assign and label all costumes for each performance, adapt costumes to each class (which changes annually and per show).
- Supervise and craft production elements such as lights, sound, set.
School Culture and Daily School Activities:
- Produce and oversee the school’s performances. This involves organizing all traffic patterns, chants, cheers, drummers, mascots, flags, working with principal to rehearse and prepare all students.
- Assist around the school when not teaching if needed.
- Share responsibility for grade-level and school-wide activities.
- Commit to continual professional growth, participating actively in department meetings, faculty meetings, and other meetings if requested
- Musical theater skills (singing, acting and moving) and ability to model all 3 content areas
- Some production skills preferred such as producing, playwriting, directing, or technical support.
- Evidence of self-motivation and willingness to be a team player.
- Bachelor’s degree is required, Master’s degree and above is preferred.
- Professional experience on stage is preferred.
- Strong desire to teach in an urban public school or charter school setting
- Willingness to collaborate and teach under Sias IS instructions guidance
Belief in and alignment with AXIS beliefs and educational philosophy is non-negotiable.
Open to all nationalities.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
Minimum 2 years relevant experience working
Strong command of spoken and written English
Able to work in a diverse team of both foreign and local cast members
Annual salary range: US $38k-60k
housing allowance - 5000-9000RMB/month,
transportation allowance : US$1800/ contract year + dependent in additional
Shipping allowance: US$1500 incoming, US$1500 outgoing
settling in Allowance: RMB3000 for each newly hired staff
medical insurance, and life insurance