Ningbo British International School
Head of Early Years Foundation Stage
¥350K-400K/year Ningbo, Zhejiang, China 1 position available Starting date in 2023-08-01
About The SchoolNBIS is an accredited Cambridge International School, consisting of primary to senior high class. Learn more about this school
NBIS is an accredited Cambridge International School following the Early Years Foundation Stage of the National Curriculum of England in Pre-School, Nursery and Reception classes, Cambridge Primary Curriculum in Years 1-6, and Cambridge Secondary in Years 7-13. The curriculum is adjusted and supplemented as necessary to meet the specific needs of our students. The IGCSE (International General Certificate of Secondary Education) and A-Level (Advanced Level) programmes are recognized world-wide as the gold standard in preparing students for university. While the school challenges all students academically, we strongly believe that the development of the whole child is fundamental. We therefore present a varied and vibrant curriculum which offers opportunity for many different kinds of learning in and out of the classroom.
Due to the pandemic, the school was unable to appoint a Head of Secondary for August 2020. The Principal has been overseeing the Section and specific operational responsibilities have been shared by the teaching team.
The school is experiencing a period of unprecedented growth, has tremendous energy, and forward momentum and is planning to move to a new purpose-built campus in Summer 2021.
As a non-selective school with 80% EAL speakers, the challenges of the Cambridge International programme are considerable. However, from the small cohorts of students who have so far graduated, some have secured places in prestigious universities such as NYU, Imperial College, King’s College London and UBC. All have secured places for further study or training.
· Undergraduate degree or above in relevant field (eg: Early Childhood Development/Education or similar)
· Teaching certificate or equivalent
· English Language fluency
· A minimum of 4 years of successful teaching in an Early Years programme
· Demonstrated leadership skills either in a previous leadership role or in a middle leadership position or similar
* Head of Early Years also carries teaching responsibilities.
- Monthly salary based on experience and qualification: Negotiable
- Inbound & Outbound Flight (overseas recruitment)
- Settling allowance
- International Insurance
- Excellent opportunities for Professional Development
- Promotion Opportunities
Post date: 2022-11-10