This position has been Cancelled, please checkout similar jobs listed besides.
Hangzhou Dipont School of Arts and Science
Head of English Language Learning (EAL)
Negotiable Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China 1 position available Starting date in 2018-07-07
About The SchoolThis is a partnership project between Dipont Education Management Group. Learn more about this school
Job Summary & ResponsibilitiesReporting to the Director of Studies, the Head of EAL is a whole school position overseeing a team of 3 EAL teachers in the first year. The EAL department will grow significantly over the following years as the school develops to its capacity.
The School is committed to making appropriate provision for the learning and teaching of EAL pupils, identifying their needs and ensuring equality of access to the curriculum. For children joining at an early age, the programme is bilingual with classes taught in both Chinese and English. For older children in the Chinese section of the school, some elements of the curriculum will be taught in Chinese only and others in English only with additional language support. Across all sections of the school, support will be tailored to the demands of the individual and group.
The role of the Head of English Language Learning is to:
- Maintain a yearly EAL pupil register in each section of the school
- Provide appropriate guidance to heads of departments and subject teachers in their teaching of pupils with EAL
- Provide additional learning support outside lesson time where appropriate
- Monitor the progress of EAL pupils’ acquisition of English on a half semester basis
- Disseminate information on pupils with EAL to relevant parties (tutors, housemaster/mistress, subject teachers, heads of school and parents).
- Excellent experience in English language acquisition and good management skills
- The ability to work collaboratively and contribute to the development of an outstanding school
- Skills in delivering relevant training and developing staff
BenefitsThis exciting and challenging role commands a highly competitive salary and benefits package, including: high quality housing; flights for employee and dependents and medical insurance for employee and dependents. Full tuition support will be provided for any successful applicant with school age children. The position will be offered on an initial two-year contract term with annual renewal thereafter.
Post date: 2018-05-08