Head of Residence Hall (HRH)
About The SchoolFounded in 1932, the school has spent more than 80 years cultivating students' skills Learn more about this school
Under the supervision and leadership of the co-principals, the Head of Residence Hall (HRH) work
in partnership with related departments to ensure smooth operations of the residence hall and ensure
the safety and well-being of the residents.
The HRH’s will:
Act as stated in job description as a RHT.
Managing RHT and other RH staff/interns
- Train and equip the Residence Hall Teachers (RHT) so they are able to perform
effectively and confidently.
- Develop managerial tools to conduct assessment to fine tune the contribution of RH staff.
- Chair regular RH staff meetings with agenda.
- Create roster duty system and allocate tasks to RHT and RH staff.
- Organize team building activities for RH staff.
- RH staff appraisal.
Managing resident’s well-being
- Develop managerial tools for resident life and monitoring resident’s welfare.
- Develop healthy and safety culture.
- Maintaining the behavior and conduct of residents to a high level of standard and deal with misbehavior conduct with appropriate consequences.
Demonstrate organizational and managerial skills to RH operation
- Create and generate templates to maintain records of residents’ attendance, special
medical needs and disciplinary concerns.
- Manage RH documentation in school’s shared-folder system.
- Create RH documents and notices for display.
- Develop RH calendar and to oversees/organize special programs and activities for the residents.
- Attend regular meetings chaired by the SLT with agenda.
- Facilities management for the upkeep of the RH and to coordinate with maintenance and
- Deal with medical outbreak or crisis, and develop measure for climate changes.
- Invite guest lecturers, and/or to find coach and outsourced organizer for RH events and activities.
Coordinate and cooperate with other departments in school
- Liaise with relevant school departments in matters of finance, purchasing, security,
housekeeping, meals and marketing-admissions.
- Build good relationships and lines of communication with academic faculty.
- Work closely with parents relation officer for enquiry, concerns and disputes from parents.
- Attend events and prepare for public speaking and presentation during parents’ meetings, marketing and school events as instructed by the Co-Principals.
- Updating RH enrollment, vacancy and capacity info for RH related departments in school.
Stay connected to parents
- Build good relationships and lines of communication with parents of residents and to be a
facilitator, coordinator between RHT and parents. - Creating periodic RH newsletter to parents.
Planning for next school year
- Prepare planning such as staff allocation, budget proposal and furniture purchasing.
- Interview staff during recruitment.
- Interview potential residents for RH enrollment.
- Create training schedule and materials for new staff and returning staff training before school starts.
Requirements and Qualifications:
* Holder of Bachelor Degree or above with teaching experience or other related fields
* At least 3years management managerial Experience
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Mandarin or English. * Personality – responsible, outgoing, happy, enthusiastic, positive, confident * Demonstrate commitment in teamwork
* Support Yew Wah's values
• At least 2 years full-time teaching experience either in home country or other countries
• Alignment with a studentcentered approach to teaching and learning
• Experience in using EAL teaching strategies with students
• Understanding of differentiation and individualized learning needs
• Relevant curriculum experience (Chinese National Curriculum, IGCSE, A Level)
- Basic salary range is ¥25K-40K/Month before tax(Depends on candidates' qualification and experience)
- Performance bonus
- Housing allowance or free accommodation
- Free tuition (up to 2 children)
- Flight reimbursement
- Global health insurance for a family package
- 100% paid summer and winter vacations