This position has been Cancelled, please checkout similar jobs listed besides.
Ningbo British International School
Head of Secondary
¥33K-36K/Month after tax Ningbo, Zhejiang, China 1 position available Starting date in 2022-08-22
About The SchoolNBIS is an accredited Cambridge International School, consisting of primary to senior high class. Learn more about this school
NBIS is an accredited Cambridge International School following the Early Years Foundation Stage of the National Curriculum of England in Pre-School, Nursery and Reception classes, Cambridge Primary Curriculum in Years 1-6, and Cambridge Secondary in Years 7-13. The curriculum is adjusted and supplemented as necessary to meet the specific needs of our students. The IGCSE (International General Certificate of Secondary Education) and A-Level (Advanced Level) programmes are recognized world-wide as the gold standard in preparing students for university. While the school challenges all students academically, we strongly believe that the development of the whole child is fundamental. We therefore present a varied and vibrant curriculum which offers opportunity for many different kinds of learning in and out of the classroom.
Due to the pandemic, the school was unable to appoint a Head of Secondary for August 2020. The Principal has been overseeing the Section and specific operational responsibilities have been shared by the teaching team.
The school is experiencing a period of unprecedented growth, has tremendous energy, and forward momentum and is planning to move to a new purpose-built campus in Summer 2021.
As a non-selective school with 80% EAL speakers, the challenges of the Cambridge International programme are considerable. However, from the small cohorts of students who have so far graduated, some have secured places in prestigious universities such as NYU, Imperial College, King’s College London and UBC. All have secured places for further study or training.
NBIS now wishes to appoint a visionary, dynamic Head of Secondary to take the Section to the next level and to oversee a successful transition to the new campus. This is an unusual opportunity to help shape the future of the Secondary Section of the school.
Head of Secondary is responsible for all daily operations of the Section: safety, management of the teaching team, effectiveness of curriculum (planning, delivery, assessment and reporting). Familiarity with the Cambridge Curriculum would be an advantage, though not essential. Clear evidence of successful leadership is required. Full Job Description available on request.
Required for August 2022 or earlier if possible:
- Relevant degree, preferably at post graduate level.
- First Language Speaker of English.
- Fully qualified Teacher with at least 4 years of successful experience in Middle or Senior Leadership, some of this in international schools.
- A clear track record of professional excellence with evidence of success in taking a department or school forward, raising student aspirations and attainment, adding value to the teaching team as a leader, mentor and coach.
- Excellent communication skills – oral and written, with the confidence to present Professional Development to the Teaching Team, the gravitas to command respect in the NBIS community and represent the school in the public arena, and the emotional intelligence required to build a vibrant learning community across languages, cultures and multiple competencies.
- Excellent organisational skills – capacity to work collaboratively with the Teaching Team to develop systems, policies and practices that will best serve our purpose. Ability to plan, implement, analyse and evaluate. Acumen to generate useable data and to work with the Teaching Team to develop plans informed by robust data and analysis.
- Ability to generate/inspire vision, to plan strategically to achieve specific goals and to mobilise the Teaching Team to implement effectively.
- Positive rapport with students with the capacity to inspire, guide and challenge as required.
- Collaborative Leader of teaching staff with high expectations for staff performance and the capacity to lead, support and challenge as required.
- Confidence without arrogance
- Evident passion for international education
- Ability to work as part of a close-knit, collaborative and innovative team.
- Personal, professional and cultural flexibility.
- Ability to multi-task under pressure
- A demonstrable appetite for professional growth and development.
- Monthly salary based on experience and qualification: Negotiable
- Inbound & Outbound Flight (overseas recruitment)
- Settling allowance
- International Insurance
- Excellent opportunities for Professional Development
- Promotion Opportunities
Post date: 2021-09-06