About The SchoolAthena Academy is the subsidiary of Elite K-12 International Education Group. Learn more about this school
About our client
This individual will also be expected to foster a professional, collaborative culture of personal and departmental responsibility and ongoing improvement and growth.
- Uphold the highest standards of professional behaviour, attitude and appearance as per the Athena Employee Handbook.
- Pro-actively oversee and implement Athena curricula, screener and placement processes.
- Pro-actively oversee and implement Athena standards for student monitoring, assessment, feedback and reporting.
- Pro-actively oversee teachers’ academic administration documents (i.e. lesson plans and course files).
- Share teaching resources with colleagues at other Athena centers.
- Organise teacher training workshops that respond to both individual teacher, centre and company needs.
- Implement Athena standards for teacher appraisal, including scheduled lesson evaluations, check-in sessions and setting of individual objectives.
- Maintain updated and accurate records of individual teacher training, observations and evaluations.
- Mentor and coach individual teacher to help them achieve their development goals.
- Support ongoing curriculum development of courses by retaining and sharing teaching resources and occasionally developing new resources under direction of Academic Management.
- Organise and co-lead focused and action-oriented weekly meetings with center staff and teachers.
- Complete all academic reporting as assigned by Academic Management.
- Conduct interviews of new teachers for center, reporting feedback to HR.
- Support the Centre Manager with business development. Help with sales, referral and marketing events.
- Set high expectations that inspire, motivate and challenge students.
- Plan and teach outstanding and engaging lessons that meet course syllabus goals and objectives while applying Athena teaching approaches.
- Effectively deploy a range of strategies to manage and develop the classroom environment to create a welcoming, open, effective and positive learning environment.
- Differentiate class instruction, activities and resources in order to maximise learning opportunities for all learners.
- Apply appropriate forms of assessment to monitor student progress.
- Provide timely and effective student feedback.
- Update, maintain and submit a record of attendance, assessment and lesson planning using Athena course files.
- Write student reports and participate in teacher-parent meetings as per Athena Guidelines.
- Conduct student screeners and placement as per Athena guidelines.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in either Arts or Sciences. Preference currently given to candidates with an English, Education or Science major.
- A teaching qualification such as CELTA, TESOL, ideally at postgraduate level.
- Minimum of five years of relevant teaching experience of reading, writing and/or general English courses. Conversation classes would not count towards this experience.
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent understanding of good classroom practice and key principles of child learning.
- Experience of developing own lesson plans and resources while working towards set goals and objectives.
- Experience of effectively managing a team.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with others to achieve desired outcomes.
- Strong organizational skills and time management skills; ability to be flexible and solve problems.
- Experience in managing multiple tasks and the ability to deal positively with obstacles to progress.
- Excellent ability to communicate through verbal and written means with individuals and small groups at all levels of the organization.
Desired Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Holds a postgraduate qualification in an education-related discipline, with post-qualification experience.
- Experience of managing and collaborating across departments and/or locations.
- Experience and competence with digital technology in the classroom.
- Prior experience with curriculum development.
- Prior experience with teaching programming, electronics, and technology.
- Prior experience in international departments and/or international school settings.
- Prior experience at English training centers.
- Prior experience with IB PYP, Inquiry-based learning, Project-based learning.
- Basic Salary: 23k-24k/month
- 10 days paid annual leave
- House stipend range: 2k-4K
- Flight ticket reimbursement 6K
- Annual bonus provided （up to 1 month salary）
- Medical insurance & Medical check provided
- Work Visa Assistance