Head of Teaching and Learning
About The SchoolHangzhou World Foreign Language School and Ningbo World Foreign Language School are the members. Learn more about this school
YUECHENG EARLY LEARNING CENTER
Founded by the YueCheng Education Company and registered with the Chaoyang Education Commission, YueCheng Early Learning Center is a professional, high-quality, internationally-minded private educational institute.
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
As a member of the YueCheng Early Learning Center start-up project’s team leadership, this position will work in partnership with the Chinese Curriculum Coordinator, to comprehensively develop curriculum, establish systems and recruit faculty; To organize and implement faculty training and work as the curriculum supervisor in order to ensure the effective implementation and delivery of early years curriculum prior to and after the opening of the new kindergartens.
RESPONSIBILITIES Pre-opening stage
- To develop and design a curriculum framework for the new start-up kindergartens and after-school program, outlining the scope of goals, skills and content of the curriculum;
- To establish procedures and practices for the assessment of student progress;
- To participate in the Principal search process;
- To establish faculty profile expectation for new hires and participate in the faculty search process;
- To lead and implement new Principal and faculty training and orientation ensuring understanding of guiding teaching principles and pedagogy;
- To establish faculty evaluation and supervision appraisal protocols and practices;
- To establish student enrollment criteria and develop enrollment protocols and practices;
- To organize and implement promotional events.
- Continue to develop and refine curriculum design, planning and teaching pedagogy. To lead teaching and curriculum planning;
- To supervise and track the implementation of the curriculum. To conduct classroom observations in order to provide commendations and recommendations for further improvement;
- Continue to develop and refine the faculty appraisal system and organization of supervision;
- To develop a professional development plan based on identified needs; To organize various professional development activities for faculty.
- Early childhood/preschool education qualifications;
- Minimum 5 years teaching experience in early childhood settings; Experience with curriculum development and planning;
- China experience - understanding of Chinese culture and education system preferred; Intercultural communication proficiency.
- Strong leadership capabilities and experience as an education administrator preferred;
- Experience with leading and developing others in teaching methodology and curriculum implementation in the early childhood context.
The salary will be regionally competitive and commensurate with the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
The package includes: generous salary, housing allowance, medical insurance, annual travel allowance, shipping allowance, tuition for dependent children, ample professional development opportunities, paid summer/winter vacation and the benefit of belonging to both a highly engaged leadership team and a warm, caring and innovative community.
- Ningbo World Foreign Language School
Secondary School PE Teacher for Female Students￥ 300K - 350K/year Hangzhou, Zhejiang 1 position availableNingbo World Foreign Language School
Assistant Principal（Pri）¥39.5K-50.5K/Month Shanghai 1 position availableNingbo World Foreign Language School
HOD of Student Development¥39.5K-50.5K/Month Shanghai 1 position availableNingbo World Foreign Language School
Primary School Assistant Principal¥ 37K-47K/Month Shanghai 1 position available