HS English literature and writing Teacher
About The SchoolPrivate School in Tianjin with Boarding. Learn more about this school
Admiral Farragut Academy Tianjin campus is the flagship school of AFA (Admiral Farragut Academy ,FL, US) in China. It aims to develop students to enter world-class universities and is the only international school in Heping district.
From July 2013 to August 2016, Admiral Farragut Academy and Yaohua High School cooperate in running schools. Admiral Farragut Academy Tianjin Campus was formally established in 2013. Since September 2016, the school has been located at No 3 Yantai Road, This building once served as an American barracks with a long history.
The school motto is integrity, perseverance, self-Discipline, innovation. The school aims to provide a positive learning environment to cultivate students with outstanding leadership and character, by stimulating students’ curiosity, to shape student behavior, encourage students to innovative, embrace Chinese culture and participate in social service to enhance not only their academic skills, but also their physical and mental health.
The school offers a “five-year consistent experimental classes” track and “three-year high school classes” track. It also offers students to register to Admiral Farragut Academy. Our courses and awarded credits are recognized by American schools. Those who meet the graduation requirements are awarded a globally recognized American high school diploma.
AFA TJ has a team of young, enthusiastic and high-quality teachers. The ratio of teachers to students is about 1:3, and 50% of the core curriculum is taught by foreign teachers. At present, the school has 75 staff members, including 9 foreign teachers. The foreign teacher team is outstanding, they have teaching experience in international schools as well as rich experience in the field of international education.
- Provide high quality ESL instruction base on school academic out come to improve students’ comprehensive English ability.
- Guide the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals
- Prepare syllabus with clear objectives for each lesson, unit and project. These objectives should be in line with curriculum goals and should be communicated clearly to students
- Assess student learning through ongoing observations and more formal methods. Provide frequent feedback to students and parents and complete written progress reports
- Finish all tasks related to all kinds of tests, such as make out test papers, the register the exam result, analysis, etc.
- Accomplish temporary task assigned by the executive director
- English Native Speaker preferred (U.S.A, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, New Zealand, Australia, South Africa)
- Commitment to education as life-long career
- Bachelor’s Degree or above from an accredited college or university
- Major in education, English or subjects-related majors.
- CELTA/TEFL certificate or equivalent
- A minimum of 24 months teaching experience is required.
- Able to get a Criminal Background Check
- Applicants have specialties on debate, public speech or performing arts are highly preferred
- Abilities to understand and adapt to cultural differences.
- Monthly Salary:18K-30K/M (base on position, credentials and experiences) plus other bonus per month
- Working hours: Monday through Friday
- Accommodation: School will provide apartment with basic facilities or optional house allowance with equivalent amount as school apartment rent
- Other: Visa costs paid Airfare subsidy Relevant professional training fund Paid vacationInsurance provided