This position has been Filled, please checkout similar jobs listed besides.
The International Montessori School of Beijing
Humanities Teacher for Grade 7
￥20k - 25k/month Beijing, China 1 position available Starting date in 2019-11-30
About The SchoolOur mission is to bring out the best in each and every student. Learn more about this school
• Create and maintain an appropriate classroom environment.
• Adapt and deliver the humanities curriculum for individual, small group, and remedial instruction to meet the needs of identified students or subgroups of students.
• Assess students at the beginning of and throughout the year and group them accordingly.
• Design and execute termly and weekly lesson plans upon approval of your Immediate Supervisor.
• Create and adapt humanities materials and activities to supplement the current syllabus and ultimately ensure a curriculum is developed which encompasses Best Practice principles.
• Monitor and evaluate students’ academic progress through up-to-date records of students’ daily work, homework and test scores
• Establish and maintain standards of student behaviour, which is compliant with the expectations of the classroom and school norms.
• Collaborate with lead teachers to ensure a unified teaching approach and understanding of students’ academic and social growth.
• Each year, in collaboration with the IT Manager, set up a humanities account for teachers and students and complete the related administrative work.
• Assign and mark weekly humanities homework in a timely fashion and follow up with students, lead teachers, and/or parents as required and when work is incomplete.
• Assign all humanities homework so that it is ready for students to use on Monday morning each week.
• Write humanities comments for school report cards.
• Participate in Parent-Teacher conferences and respond to parent questions and concerns including the creation of documentation for the student files.
• Attend curriculum overview evenings and be prepared to overview the humanities program and answer relevant questions.
• Native English Speaker: USA, CANADA, UK, SOUTH AFRICA, AUSTRALIA, an effective communicator
• BA degree in humanities or relevant field; ideally with a professional teaching license, PGCE/PGDE/SACE, or a certified teacher
• Minimum of 2+ years teaching experience
• Enthusiastic, outgoing nature
• Ability to embrace a team teaching concept
• Ability to work in a team
• Enthusiasm for new cultures and experiences
• Creative problem solving skills
- Basic monthly salary 20k - 25k/month after tax (depending on the qualification and experience)
- Housing allowance provided
- Flight ticket reimbursement
- Summer and winter vacation fully paid
- 3-week off for Christmas
- 2-week off for Chinese New Year
Post date: 2019-09-20