IB PYP homeroom teacher
About The SchoolWIS is a non-profit, English-language immersion international school located in Hangzhou Learn more about this school
Position Title: Primary Years Programme Teacher
School Section: Primary School
Position Type: Full time
Reports to: Curriculum Director, Vice Principal, and Principal
Working Relationships: Works collaboratively with; Principal, Vice Principal, Curriculum Director, administration and support staff, teaching teams, IB Coordinators, Student representatives.
Working Hours: 100% as per contract.
Qualifications Required: Minimum Bachelor degree
Compensation and Benefits: As per contract
Wahaha International School (WIS) is committed to the safeguarding and well-being of all children and young adults and we expect all staff to have the same commitment. Safe recruitment practice and pre-employment background checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. Appointment is subject to a criminal/police or equivalent background.
Description of the Role
The teacher has the responsibility for delivering a high-quality teaching and learning programme, providing a safe, caring and inspiring learning environment and for modelling the WIS mission in their work.
While teachers have primary responsibility for the children in their classes, they are also responsible for the care and safety of all students in the School.
Teachers who work for WIS are responsible for creating a conceptual, contextual and inquiry-based learning environment where students can demonstrate thoughtful and ethical behaviour and ensure that the values and principles of the IB Learner profile are at the heart of learning and relationships in the School. Teachers will support the philosophy of holistic education through their work at the school and contribute to extra-curricular, community and service activities.
Native English Speaker, effective communicator, Teaching Certification a plus
Early childhood education/elementary teaching certification from North
America, Australia, Republic of Ireland or United Kingdom preferred
Bachelors or Advanced Degree in English as an Additional Language or related
field a plus
2+ years teaching experience a plus
Enthusiastic, outgoing nature
Ability to work in a team
Enthusiasm for new cultures and experiences
Creative problem solving skills
- Our compensation varies based on related teaching experience and our evaluation based on your interviews.
- The rough range is about ￥19K-42K/month
- housing allowance 8K(without dependents)/10.5K(with 1 or 2 dependent children).
- Max 10,000 RMB annual airfare allowance without dependents, and RMB 20,000 for teacher with 1 or 2 dependent children.
- For Employee (himself/herself) and maximum 2 children, the school will cover the cost of government processing for visas including authentication fee (up to RMB 1000), Z visa, S visa for dependent children (up to 2), and Medical check in China, which will be reimbursed with presentation of Fapiao by related government bodies.
- 100% Tuition Subsidy (up to two children only)
- ￥20K contract renewal bonus
- About 3-month paid holidays, including winter/summer vacations and all Chinese public holidays.
- Comprehensive Insurance annually covered with maximum 2 authorized dependent children
- Free lunch provided by school
- Wahaha International School Hangzhou
IB PYP homeroom teacher￥19K-42K/month Hangzhou, Zhejiang 1 position availableWahaha International School Hangzhou
Computer Science &ICT Teacher￥19K-42K/month Hangzhou, Zhejiang 1 position availableWahaha International School Hangzhou
MYP Individuals & Societies Teacher￥19K-42K/month Hangzhou, Zhejiang 1 position available