IB PYP Homeroom Teacher
About The SchoolEtonHouse is headquartered in Singapore with more than 100 international schools and pre-schools spr Learn more about this school
EtonHouse International School, Suzhou opened in 2003 in the Suzhou New District(SND).As an IBCuntinuum School and Cambridge IGCSE school, it offers a fully authorised International Baccalaureate World School program for primary Years Programme(PYP), Middle Years Programme(MYP) and Diploma Programme (DP). EtonHouse International Suzhou is also a Cambridge School and a Duke of Edinburgh Award Centre. The environment provides students multitude opportunities for exploration that support the rich inquiry based learning offered at the campus.
1. Attendance at Home room period at the beginning of each day.
2. Maintaining attendance records on ManageBac.
3. Identify and support students who demonstrate through their academic progress, development or well-being that they are in need of assistance.
4. Pastoral care learning outcomes delivery during homeroom periods.
5. Formative and summative assessment reports are shared periodically with parents.
6. Completion of two semester reports a year.
7. Preparation for unit assemblies and one unit exhibition per year.
1. Core curriculum delivery in the English or Chinese language of instruction.
2. Meeting learning outcomes the core curriculum subject.
3. Ensuring that assessment outcomes are used to plan lessons.
4. Conducting vertical and horizontal curriculum planning. In particular, ensuring that weekly collaborative planning meetings.
5. Collaborative writing of plans.
6. Submission of plans and placing them along with student work samples in the teacher folder, and on ManageBac.
1. Be responsible for extra duty per day.
2. Be responsible for one school event coordination per year.
3. Be responsible for one Co-curriculum activity per week.
4. Conduct one Parent Teacher Conference per semester.
5. Conduct one Student Led Conference per year.
6. Be professionally consistent with the school’s mission and values.
7. Note and apply the school’s policies and procedures as applicable.
8. Other work assigned by Division Leadership.
1. Bachelor’s degree
2. At least 2 years’ experience in teaching the subject area
3. Good communication skills
4. Competence in working with a rich cultural mix of students and teachers
5. Excellent IT skills, and knowledge of how to apply them in a school environment
Basic salary starting from 18000rmb- 24000rmb per month before tax (depending on experience and city)
Accommodation allowance 5000rmb per month
2 Days off per week
Paid sick leave and Paid hospital leave
Paid Chinese Public holiday& paid annual leave
Contract completion bonus,
Comprehensive health Insurance
Children tuition Free
On-going professional teacher development and training programs