In 2012, the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP) at Xiaoshi High School, approved by the municipal and the provincial education authorities and registered with the National Ministry of Education, launched the same academic year.
Xiaoshi High School understands the value of international teaching delivered in a localized context, therefore, the IBDP programme is delivered in small-sized classes allowing students to develop their interpersonal skills. The foreign Center Principal is responsible for the academic operations and daily management, supported by a Chinese counterpart. All the foreign teachers hold certified qualifications and have extensive international teaching experience complemented with International Baccalaureate Organization (IBO) training. In addition, the college counseling team is made up of highly experienced college counselors with overseas educational backgrounds. Their work ensures the success of students’ college and university applications and admissions.
Since its establishment in September 2012, the Xiaoshi High School IBDP has achieved steady progress with support from all parties. Currently there are about 200 students enrolled over three grades, with a faculty member of 35 people. The IBDP programme at Xiaoshi combines the best of both Chinese and Western pedagogy, which provides high quality educational resources and aims to cultivate students with a global vision. It helps students realize their dream of studying at leading universities around the world.
To undertake teaching of the individual's specialized subject(s), according to IB subject specifications, as well as contributing to Center activities and course development. The subject teacher will act as a personal tutor to groups of students, liaise with parents and undertake further in-service training as appropriate or required by Center Principal. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Teaches up to 30(under normal circumstances maximum load is 26) teaching period per week.
- Provides CP with monthly teaching plans in line with the Scheme of Work.
- Sets and marks monthly tests, mark all the exams provided by the school and sends the sample of the marked scripts to the AQM for moderation asper the Dipont guidelines.
- Acts as tutor to a group of students as assigned by the CP
1. Bachelor degree or above, enable to teach and work in English proficiently;
2. A valid teaching license is highly preferred;
3. Having the experience of teaching IBDP, IGCSE etc. in acknowledged institutions will be preferable;
4. Oversea study background is preferred.