Yew Wah has been providing all-round Early Childhood, Primary, Lower Secondary and Upper Secondary programmes to the young generation in China for many years. With the focus on preparing students to be responsible citizens of the emerging global civilisation who have a sense of personal and social responsibility, we develop students' ability in different aspects by using the best elements of Eastern and Western traditions and cultures.
At Yew Wah, we are committed to fostering students' spiritual, academic, physical, social and emotional development. An open outlook is nurtured in each student and they are encouraged to develop their talents and contribute actively to society.
Following the expansion of the schools in China, educators joining Yew Wah will have an opportunity to develop their teaching career in the rapidly growing areas where teaching and learning are equally important.
We offer an excellent package for Yew Wah staff including competitive salary, housing, paid leave, etc. Yew Wah also emphasises the development for employees by offering various training opportunities that best meet their needs.
YCIS and YWIES schools are committed to creating a safe environment for our students. We require that all adults on campus or working with students off campus, engage in safe, supportive, and respectful interactions with students at all times. We ask teachers and other adults who are interested in applying for a job at a YWIES school to read our Child Protection Policy and Procedures before lodging their application.
Knowledge and Understanding
• Have a detailed knowledge of the subject matter at the IGCSE and the AS/A2-level
• Have a secure knowledge and understanding of the progression of subject
• Cope securely with subject-related questions that students raise and know about students' common misconceptions and mistakes in their specialist subject(s)
• All secondary school curriculum and assessment guidelines
Planning and setting expectations
• Identify clear teaching objectives, content, lesson structures and sequences appropriate to the subject matter and the students being taught.
• Set appropriate and demanding expectations for students' learning and motivation.
• Set clear targets for students' learning, building on prior attainment and experiences.
• Identify students who have special educational needs and are gifted and talented, and know where to get assistance in order to give positive and targeted support. Where applicable, implement and keep records on Individual Education Plans (lEPs).
Teaching and Managing Student learning
• Ensure effective teaching of whole classes, groups and individuals so that teaching objectives are met, momentum and challenge are maintained, and best use is made of teaching time.
• Use teaching methods that keep students engaged, including stimulating students' intellectual curiosity, effective questioning and response, clear presentation and good use of resources.
• Set high expectations for students1 behavior, establishing and maintaining a good standard of discipline through well-focused teaching and through positive and productive relationships.
Assessment and Evaluation
• Assess how well learning objectives have been achieved and use this assessment for future teaching
• Mark and monitor students' class and homework providing constructive oral and written feedback, setting targets for students7 progress
• When applicable, understand the demands expected of students in relation to the National Curriculum, KS4 and KS5
Relations with parents and wider community
• Know how to prepare and present informative reports to parents
• Recognize that learning takes place outside the school context and provide opportunities to develop students' understanding by relating their learning to real and work-related examples
• Understand the need to cooperate with agencies outside school
Managing own performance and development
• Understand the need to take responsibility for their own professional development and to keep up to date with research and developments in pedagogy and in the subjects they teach
• Understand their professional responsibilities in relation to school policies, guidelines and practices
• Set a good example to the students they teach in their presentation and their personal conduct
• Evaluate their own teaching critically and use this to improve their effectiveness.
Managing and developing staff and other adults
• Establish effective working relationships with professional colleagues, such as, co— teachers, specialist teachers and associate staff.
• Select and make good use of books, equipment, ICT and other learning resources that enable teaching objectives to be met.
Experience and Knowledge
• At least 2 years full-time teaching experience either in home country or other countries
• Alignment with a studentcentered approach to teaching and learning
• Experience in using EAL teaching strategies with students
• Understanding of differentiation and individualized learning needs
• Relevant curriculum experience (Chinese National Curriculum, IGCSE, A Level)
Education and Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree in a subject
• Teaching licensure such as PGCE, QTS, or state teaching license
• Current Child Protection certificate or equivalent
- Basic salary range is¥25K-40K/Month before tax(Depends on candidates' qualification and experience)
- Performance bonus
- Housing allowance or free accommodation
- Free tuition (up to 2 children)
- Flight reimbursement
- Global health insurance for a family package
- 100% paid summer and winter vacations