This position has been Filled, please checkout similar jobs listed besides.
YK Pao School
IGCSE and IB Biology Teacher
Negotiable Shanghai, China 1 position available Starting date in 2021-08-01
About The SchoolYK Pao School is a pioneering international school founded in 2007 providing IB and IGCSE programs Learn more about this school
YK Pao School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References, background checks and criminal record checks will be required.
Applications are invited as soon as possible as we will be beginning online interviews shortly.
We are seeking to appoint a well-qualified, outstanding and ambitious teacher to join the biology department with the possibility of the post of Head of Biology for an appropriate candidate. The department consists of 5 full-time teachers supported by a lab technician. Well-equipped and spacious science laboratories and dedicated preparation rooms are available. The teachers prepare students for Biology IGCSE and Biology and ESS for the IB Diploma. In addition, some students each year will also be offered additional support to help prepare for entry to Oxbridge, Ivy League and other world leading universities as well as international science competitions.
We would want all our teachers not only to be passionate about their subject but also to be willing to contribute to the pastoral and co-curricular program within the school. A full-time teacher would be expected to teach c 60% of a timetable (c18 lessons out of 30 cycle). Class sizes are up to 24 for IGCSE but significantly smaller for IB. The school is fully committed to provide a range of professional development opportunities for all staff whether internally through our Professional Learning Centre or through external courses for which there is an exceptionally generous budget. There is a very full co-curricular programme of over 100 different activities which we ask all staff to contribute to a couple of times a week. Ideally this would be any activity that the teacher themselves is interested in.
1. Bachelor’s degree in related field required (advanced degree(s) preferred);
2. Valid teaching certification;
3. Expertise in and a passion for your subject and a genuine interest in working with teenagers;
4. Excellent communication skills, the ability to take the initiative and the flexibility to deal with change;
5. Enthusiasm, energy, creativity and the willingness to take risks.
Preferred but not essential Requirements:
1. Experience of working in an International School or a multi-cultural setting
2. Experience with second language learners;
3. Bi-lingual ability (English and Mandarin Chinese)
Attractive Remuneration Package:
1. Competitive salary
2. International insurance (except US)
3. Pension contribution
4. Housing allowance
5. Flight Allowance
Post date: 2020-12-16