This position has been
Filled, please checkout similar jobs listed besides.
The Middle and Upper Grades are where our ambitious goals for Avenues graduates, defined in our mission statement, are most comprehensively realized. While in grades 6-12, we prepare students for a globally connected, innovation-driven, and largely unknown future. Our students will be: accomplished in all the academic skills you would expect, at ease beyond their borders, and confident because they excel in a particular passion.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Avenues: The World School is committed to the study of art, design and culture as part of every student’s education. Instruction in the visual arts and design teaches vital skills that help students express their ideas about themselves and the world around them. We consider every student to be an artist capable of making creative connections between a wide variety of art forms and their academic disciplines. Divergent thinking, perseverance and problem solving are woven into the arts curriculum to support students as they stretch themselves, expanding their understanding of who they are and what is possible. You will work with teachers across disciplines from science and mathematics to humanities and languages to develop project-based experiences for students that allow them to think and behave like artists, no matter their field.
This position is intended to develop student’s abilities in Design & Engineering, including the design thinking process of creation and prototyping a service or a product, design and making, and understanding the tools of a modern fabrication lab. We are seeking teachers with a strong background in design thinking and technical knowledge in a design or engineering field with a wide range of media and techniques in which they can engage students and foster learning across.
- Deep knowledge of, and an infectious passion for design, engineering and technology
- Experience teaching design and engineering for teenagers
- Strong organizational skills with a track record of managing supplies, equipment, resources and budgets (or related)
- A remarkable entrepreneurial drive, creativity and ability to bring new ideas to fruition
- Passion for working with young people as they learn, struggle, and grow
- Intellectual curiosity and humility, to reflect on and continually grow in teaching practice
- Full professional fluency in English
- A strong sense of personal responsibility for the success of every student
- Track record of successfully collaborating with colleagues across disciplines
- Basic Salary:Negotiable depends on Qualification and Experience
- Housing allowance
- International Insurance and Local Insurance
- Free tuition for child
- other benefits