Interdisciplinary Humanities Project Teacher
About The SchoolProviding transformative, world-focused learning experiences to students around the globe Learn more about this school
WHY TEACH AT AVENUES?
Avenues | The World School prepares students for engaged global citizenship during a time of unprecedented complexity and accelerating change, combining language immersion, interdisciplinary learning, a global curriculum, and a culture of creativity and deep collaboration.
Avenues Shenzhen opened in August 2018, our first campus in China. Avenues Shenzhen provides a unique early childhood program, and is now expanding to serve students in all grades from grades from toddler through 12. Avenues Shenzhen furthers Avenues' longstanding commitment to developing multiple campuses in China, providing a transformative, world-focused education.
The Middle and Upper Grades are where our ambitious goals for Avenues graduates, defined in our mission statement, are most comprehensively realized. While in grades 6-12, we prepare students for a globally connected, innovation-driven, and largely unknown future. Our students will be: accomplished in all the academic skills you would expect, at ease beyond their borders, and confident because they excel in a particular passion.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Avenues uses an inquiry based, interdisciplinary, project-based pedagogy and curriculum, providing multidisciplinary instruction in reading, writing, math, history/culture, science and social-emotional skills. Teachers foster student growth in a myriad of ways through personalization, inquiry, problem- based, challenges-base, project-based exploration, hands-on application, problem-solving and critical thinking. The classroom community cultivates a compassionate learning environment where students are equal and engaged in authentic learning experiences. You will also:
- Engage productively in interdisciplinary translation and synthesis, as part of a multidisciplinary team in order to develop deeper understanding of concepts
- Develop students’ project management, organizational, and research skills necessary to conduct inquiry, problem, project or even phenomena based interdisciplinary learning
- Collaborate intensively and daily with colleagues to design learning outcomes, monitor growth, and thoughtfully address individual student needs
- Deeply connect with students, colleagues and parents to uphold a culture of welcome, safety and respect
- Invoke a robust learning atmosphere that leads students to value being at school and feel part of a rigorous and joyful learning community
- Inspire trust and confidence among parents and families
- Participate actively in ongoing, intensive professional learning
- Facilitates and designs effective group work
- Scaffolds instructional activities that facilitate engaging and appropriate learning opportunities
- Differentiates instruction based on feedback, needs, and learning levels
- Provides opportunities for student engagement through “voice and choice”
- Creates relevant and authentic learning experiences
- Designs formal and informal assessments that measure student progress
- Profound commitment to ensuring and nurturing children's wellbeing
- Highly effective collaborator, eager to listen deeply, contribute to a team and achieve goals together
- Very resourceful and adaptive, eager to embrace constant change, growth and learning
- Passionate about the humanities, social science and global challenges
- Bachelor’s degree; graduate degree in education or related field is ideal
- Professional fluency in English; Mandarin Chinese is a plus
- Basic Salary: Negotiable
- Housing allowance
- International Insurance and Local Insurance
- Free tuition for child
- other benefits