Junior High Science Teacher
About The SchoolTo inspire pupils to become intellectual, independent, individual and inclusive Learn more about this school
This employer is part of the Wellington
College China group of schools. It is the fourth Wellington College school in
China. The Wellington College China group of schools follow the same essential
ethos of Wellington College UK, building on their proud tradition. The schools
share the Wellington College values of courage, integrity, kindness, respect
- Contribute to the holistic well-being of all pupils and
specifically to those assigned to your individual care.
- Make all students aware of the Wellington College Mission
Statement, Values and Identity base including the Eight Aptitudes model of
education, their values, aims, and display them in an innovative and
informative fashion in the classroom and adjacent corridors.
- Undertake class management as a class teacher.
- Apply consistently and diligently the rules of the College
in order to maintain discipline, standards of dress and to safeguard the
happiness, safety and well-being of all students.
- Provide opportunities for the community to be involved in
pupils’ and setting success.
- The above list of duties and responsibilities are not
- Education: Bachelor’s degree, teaching certificate
- Major: Science or related education majors;
- Language: Native English speaker;
- Working Experience: A minimum of 2 years working experience
in teaching Science Knowledge of Science teaching;
- Be able to assess pupils’ interests, needs and developments
- Be able to develop curriculum
- Open, proactive, patient and caring
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- A deep understanding of the current literature regarding
teaching and learning;
- A proven track record of success as a teacher;
- A proven record of experience in a successful school.
- Strategic awareness and the ability to think creatively.
- People management skills coupled with the ability to act as
a coach to team members.
- A high level of integrity with an appreciation of working
with diverse cultures.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A vision and passion to help drive the appraisal and
development of teaching and learning Junior High School.
- Some knowledge of leading a group of teaching colleagues
from differing ethnic backgrounds and experiences.