Futian International & Fine Arts (FIFA) School originally founded as Shenzhen Art Primary School and is affiliated to the Shenzhen Art School. In 2006, under the management entrusted to Hong Kong Ngai Lam College Group, FIFA school has consistently operated for more than a decade, providing all aspects of educational needs as well as being one of the most prominent and profound fine arts school in Southern China.
In October, 2011 FIFA International Department was established and joint with the regular schooling, introducing a bilingual program to the curriculum. This International Department is a comprehensive English immersion program including all the requirements from the Common Core States Standard (CCSS) of the USA for students to advance and excel. With the dedicated and thorough American curriculum as the main foundation, our fully functional Fine Arts Department is also renowned to the region.
Job Title: Kindergarten to 2nd grade homeroom Teacher
We are currently seeking a qualified elementary school teacher for the full time position of homeroom teacher in our lower elementary school (kindergarten to 2nd grade). Our lower elementary grade teacher will head one class of no more than 25 students. We expect homeroom teachers to be equipped with the capability to teach the following subjects:
• General English
• English reading
• General Science (a daily session) as well as covering topics on health once in a week.
• Social studies
• At least one afterschool curriculum activity or afterschool tutoring within the teaching capacities of 25 hours per week
Working hours are approximately as follows:
• 5 classes maximum per day / 25 hours per week
• Teaching hours from 8:00 to 16:30
• Office hours from 7:30am to 16:30
• Monday to Friday
Educational background preferably required for this position:
1. Holder of Bachelor's Degree or above, with Teacher's Certification or Degree in Education (preferred, but not necessary)
2. Holder of teaching qualifications/licenses essential for K-6 in your home country (e.g. PGCE, US states teaching certifications). Kindergarten experiences preferred.
3. American, British, Canadian, Australian, New Zealander or South African (i.e. Native English speakers) would be considered more desirable
4. Minimum 2 years of teaching experience
5. Contract duration: Starting from one year minimum, and more desirable if you have plans to consider settling in China for two or more years
Points to be further considered:
• Elementary teaching experience essential (K-6)
• Teaching experience in a multi-cultural environment
• Ability to collaborate with local Chinese working partners and international working partners, teachers and school staff
• Capable in developing positive relationship with students and parents
• Be able to apply constructive and inquisitive approach in teaching students, and assist students learning
• Competent in differentiating and identifying students various needs and provide a catering and fluid educational approach
• Acquiring skills in developing school curriculum and program further in collaboration with other teachers and staff
• Showing commitment and self-initiation towards continual professional development
• Having keenness or holding open-mindedness to Asian/Chinese culture and customs in the workplace
• Further desirable if applicant could show us with a cultivated background with professional code of conduct e.g. proper dress code, neatness and punctuality, team playing skills
• Candidates will be more considered with positive outlook in life and healthy in physical condition in general
1. On-going professional development
2. Paid during winter for first year contract /paid summer holiday the following year (if contract extended after one year)
3. Travelling allowances: 10,000RMB inclusive for travelling to home country or other destinations annually
4. Housing allowance
5. School provides assistance in preparing needed documents for applying work visa
6. Upon successful issuing of work visa, our school shall also cover your employment with proper local health insurance
7. Free services available to help candidate in settling life in China including setting bank account, internet services and mobile phone etc.
8. Paid sick leave and personal leave
9. Free tuition for at least one child